1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And apparently, Aki Fucking Berg, former premiere puck cougher-upper of the Leafs is a stud defenceman in the Finnish Elite League.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1163631018512&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064&t=TS_Home

He never loses a battle in the corner. He never gives a bad pass. He wins all the one-on-ones. He's more physical than everyone else," says respected Finnish hockey reporter Vesa Rantanen.

Hold on a second. That's Berg. B-E-R-G.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I don't see it mentioned ... and if I read the story correctly ... we're missing one big point of theh YouTube deal:

From Reuters: Under the deal, YouTube technology will help identify and remove illegally posted NHL clips.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

If Neil scores 20 but the Sens don't make the playoffs, then the terrorists have won. ;D

I am from Ontario, but we can claim Sheldon because his father Rick and I are from the same hometown and they still have family here.

Rick's sister Marie and one of my older sisters were good friends when they were kids, and Marie's daughter fixed me up several years ago with one of her friends who is now my wife. :)

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J, all kidding aside, Neill is having a great season. Thing is, the Sens need more players like him.

BTW, heard the book launch last night was pretty good. Sorry I didn't make it. But there's a "hockey book reading" at a Toronto pub in early December. We are DEFINITELY going to make that one.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

They better not remove that classic one of Kevin Stevens and Bryan Trottier shitting all over Brian Bellows.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"Do you even have balls, you fucking titfucker?"

A few times tonight I felt like screaming that, I did.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

That Kings game was crazy. Up 3-1 in the third period, they blew it and lost 4-3. Geoff Sanderson played outstanding tonight ... and I hate the Flyers.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Devils-Senators tonight.

Last time these teams met, Ottawa won 8-1.

Something tells me that Jersey is going to look to take out some frustration(s) out on the Senators.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Agreed :mad:

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sounds like it was a dull game action-wise. The Devils got 11 minutes in penalties and the Sens got seven. One fight, between two guys (Brian McGrattan of Ottawa and Cam Janssen of Jersey) who serve no purpose other than fighting, so it's not likely to have happened because of tempers boiling over.

Oh yeah, by the way, Jersey won 3-2. Another goal for Neiler, who is on FIRE! :D He has six points in his last five games and leads the NHL with 66 hits in 19 games (including 11 :)o) in that 8-1 win over the Devils).

He'll never put up the points of guys like Alfredsson or Heatley but when it comes to heart and desire, Chris Neil has it in spades over those floaters.

[​IMG]

The linesman in this picture recognizes that Hal Gill has bitten off far more than he can chew in this instance. Gill knows it too!

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The McGrattan-Janssen fight was a reservation scrap. They saw each other and said, "Hell with it. Let's go."

Ottawa had a lot of trouble generating any sort of rush through the neutral zone. Defensively, it looks like they still miss Chara and Hasek.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Coyotes and Kings are tied at three early in the third period. Stop me if you've heard this before: The Kings blew a lead.

Draft saved Draft deleted