1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hat trick watch is on for Eric Staal ... 'Canes up 3-1 over Dallas.

EDIT: Scratch that. Two goals in 46 seconds - one shorthanded - has knotted the game. :-[

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Staal turns the trick. Scott Walker's unselfish on the empty net got it for him.

I think the Cup hangover is gone ... :)

3. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

Jagr just scored goal number 600 off a rebound..

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

The Pens are off and running in Philly. They've got a 2-0 lead and the contest isn't even 2-0 in.

So far this year they're 3-0 against the Flyers this year and have outscored them 15-4 to this year I believe.

I wonder what the record for goals against a single opponent in one season is.

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Who says old, slow pieces of shit like Derian Hatcher don't have a place in the NHL?

The Penguins are throwing tape-to-tape passes around to each other in the Flyers end of the ice on a power play. The Flyers and especially Hatcher are stumbling around trying to keep up. Evgeni Malkin gets a pass in the crease and fires in for a goal. Or did he?

The smooth-skating Hatcher tries to engage Malkin and runs into the net and dislodges it. Malkin's goal is waved off.

Where's Lyle Odelein?

Edit: The Pens get that goal back. Ryan Whitney gets a freebie with Antero Niittymaki out of position. But you'll have to excuse Niittymaki. Hatcher was laying face down in the crease after he fell down and blocked Niittymaki from getting over.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Flyer's defense corps is as useful as a wood burning stove.

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Anyone catching the Stars-Avs fray on OL... Versus?

What do you think of the new "rail" cam? I'm not sure it adds a lot to the broadcast. I've got to imagine to it annoys the hell out of the actual fans in attendance on that side of the ice.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Sucks ass comes to mind.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Derian Hatcher -- once a premier defenceman, now pointless in 21 games this season and the owner of the third worst plus-minus rating (-15) in the NHL.

On the 687-player list, Flyers occupy spots 667, 669, 672, 674, 679, 680, 681, 684, 685 and 686. Philly's plus-minus leader is Nolan Baumgartner, who has an even rating but was sent down to the AHL a month ago. What an accomplishment -- Ed Snider, take a bow!!

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Mo has a way with words:

"Clearly there was not enough profanity on the bench in the opening period," Paul Maurice said after the game. "But we took care of that in the third."

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Love him or hate Scott Burnside has a solid feature on The Man, the Myth, the Legend: Don Cherry on espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=doncherry&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos1

Biggest mouth in sports, absolutely

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Actually, that's Silken Laumann.

Draft saved Draft deleted