1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

My apologies. I've removed the two posts.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Ducks have scheduled a 6 p.m. presser in Edmonton tonight to handle the Pronger situation.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. It's a fine line, but JR pretty much walked it well. While fighting would be exceedingly difficult to phase out, it shouldn't be marketed. Let it do what it is supposed to do ... quietly.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Devils-Kings tonight. Wonder if Gomez will have the usual 30-40 family members cheering him on as he usually does on the West Coast.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I go home for a few hours and I miss some controversy on the hockey thread. This is no fair. :(

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/

Yawney's out, Savard's the man of the moment as the Wirtzian waltz of death continues in Chicago.

Paging Orval Tessier...please pick up the red and black courtesy phone...

Wonder if we'll be subjected to Pulford taking over as head coach for two days or something to that effect.

What douchenozzlery.

EDIT: whoops, this is a D_B. I overlooked Double J's post regarding this amidst all the acrimony above...

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, I was gonna post that, but I stopped caring about the Blackhawks about five years ago.

Fuck Bill Wirtz, and fuck Bob Pulford.

That is all.

8. My question is who will win a Stanley Cup first; Toronto, Chicago or Boston? Those are the original Six members with the ridiculously longer droughts and they seem to have a hard time putting competitive teams on the ice (well Toronto didn't until last year), so is this a situation you blame on the NHL going crossover or just dumb management?

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The only way that Denis Savard can help the Blackhawks is if he's on the power play...

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

In the case of Boston, dumb, hideous, horrific, idiotic management.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Leafs, by default.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I fixed it for you, Doc. That sentence deserves to be emphasized.

Bill Wirtz has perfected on how to fuck up a great franchise and make it a joke in professional sports. The Bidwills and the Cardinals are a distant second. Donald Sterling is now officially off this list.

Draft saved Draft deleted