1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

He will, however, falsely accuse Neil of spitting at him from the Ottawa bench.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Still not as bad as Brashear beating on Vishnevski a week or two ago

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The Chris Pronger PC from yesterday
    http://always-on-the-road.blogspot.com/2006/11/fcp-press-conference.html
    A classic line early from The Score's Oilers correspondent Christie Chorley before she asks her question,

"Christie Chorly, from the Score, nice to finally meet you ..." and pronger smirks.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Better delete that one quick, Beef.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Just posting words directly from Chorley's mouth. Not insinuating anything ...

Edit: Although i couldn't imagine being her and having to cover that PC. the word Awkward comes to mind.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Kritter, that's the sad truth. I shake my head at how the Dallas coaching staff doesn't seem to do much to change this pattern. The Stars came out in the third playing not to lose, and of course they lost. Even though I wouldn't want to see Hatcher back on the Stars at this point, I really miss the attitude he contributed. The Stars need an asshole...not someone to take dumb penalties or play dirty, but someone to get under opponents' skin and keep his teammates in an attack mode. Dallas could use a more aggressive approach. You're supposed to turn it up a notch against teams like the Wings, not dink around.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to catching the broadcast of this evening's Bruins-Leafs game in Toronto. The B's played well in the last match-up of these teams on Saturday and there's been an amusing amount of smack-talk from both sides in the papers.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Interesting note from tonight's Pens game:

Only two goalies drafted No. 1 overall on same sheet of ice.

And it takes BBJ all of a minute to get back on the scoresheet. Colby Armstrong scores first goal in what seemed like 6 1/2 years.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Rangers hosting the Kovalchucks tonight.

Rangers are struggling on the power play. According to sources, the last time Manhattan's NHL team scored a PPG, Bun Cook was receiving 25 minutes of ice time a night.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Hockey's funny. Armstrong finally gets his first of the year ... and then promptly gets his second to go with it.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Great line by Joe Bowen, pbp guy for Leafs on TSN during the Leafs/Bruins game tonight.

Pavel Kubina, who's about 6'6" hits Chara who's 6'9" and Joe goes, "Last time two things that big banged each other, Secretariat was born"

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

In overtime,Bobby Holik bangs a rebound past Henrik Lundqvist in overtime, giving Atlanta a 5-4 win over the Rangers at MSG.

Two thoughts:

1) Nice job not backchecking Rangers, you ex-Communist jagoffs.

2) Nice job blowing a 3-1 lead in the third period.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Oil winning 2-1 in the third period in The Gap-toothed Jackass's return to Edmonton

Draft saved Draft deleted