1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I agree App, it wasn't until the Bolts made the playoffs that attendence went through the roof. I remember going to a game against the Thrashers early in 2002 where it was maybe half-full. Now, they at least sell every ticket for most games, mostly because of the playoff runs the last three seasons.

2. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

One of my favorite people in the NHL retired today. Joe Nieuwendyk hung up the skates due to chronic back problems. He's had the problems for years and missed around half of the Panthers' games this season already.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Personally, I think the purchase of the Pens was a business decision and nothing more. I think he's going to flip them to the highest bidder: Quebec City or Winnipeg.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that six franchises in Canada is the most we'll ever see.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Sigh ... say it ain't so, Joe ...

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Stanley Cup winner (repeatedly), Conn Smythe winner, Calder winner, King Clancy winner...a hell of a guy.

The league and the fans will miss you, Nieuwendyk.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I agree with Sea.

Mississauga has been for the most part a horrible franchise.

Sources tell me that at last night's game in Mississauga against Brampton there weren't probably 1,000 people there.

Hamilton will never get an NHL franchise. Not enough of a corporate base and parts of my original hometown look disturbingly like a third world country.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Pens' radio guys going nuts as Crosby apparently just undressed all four NYR penalty killers and beat Lundqvist.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

And the blows to the head continue in Detroit, where Brett Lebda takes an elbow to the noggin from Dallas Drake, who left his skates for the hit.
    Lebda returned in the second period, though.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Left his skates? Now that's impressive.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

According to all-around jackass Brian Burke, hockey fans in western North America don't deserve to see him and Alexander Ovechkin play in their arenas. What a fucking tool Burke is. If there's a bigger asshole currently working in pro hockey, I have yet to hear of him.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Agreed. Won Stanley Cups with three different teams - Flames 1989, Stars 1999 and Devils 2003. Solid player, next stop, HOF.

Draft saved Draft deleted