1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Esche got left in for all nine goals tonight because of a comment he made to the media on Monday.

When asked about Hitchcock giving him his second start of the season, he said he didn't try to get inside Hitchcock's head because "it's an empty place."

Not the smartest thing he could have said. Why would Hitch do him any favours or show him any mercy tonight? Fuck him.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is it my imagination, or are the Blackhawks above .500 right now?

I thought they disbanded professional hockey in Chicago.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

No, they have an AHL team called the Wolves. The Blackhawks are now in Colorado, according to ESPN.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Malkin debuts. Looked good. Scored a garbage goal. Made nice passes, thumped tough guy Cam Janssens to the ice with his bad shoulder and blasted a shot into the glass and broke it.

Pens still lost 2-1.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/06292/731288-61.stm

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Brodeur gets the win to become only the third goalie with 450 victories.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

He's also now only the third goalie with 450 confirmed sales of a book, following in the footsteps of "The Game" by Ken Dryden and "Hockey For Dummies" by John Davidson. :D

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I'm plugging through the Hockey News' All Access Pass issue and, like the Lighter Side of Hockey last season, I'm enjoying it.

From my standpoint, I have enjoyed reading the bios of the correspondents and reading about player availability, pregame skates, media scrums, etc.

Do fans care, though?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And let's not forget the U.S. Olympic team chose Esche over Ryan Miller in the last Olympics.

Did Bobby Clarke run that team as well?

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Flyers should waive a few more people, starting with Clarke.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Damn, I love me some Evgeni Malkin. First-period assist and a game-tying goal in the third.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

A kid I know just got hired by THN ...

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And Stephen Colbert disses the Brampton Battalion, Sarnia Sting & the Owen Sound Attack (honest)

Draft saved Draft deleted