1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It's a damn shame Washington wasn't on TV more than they were last year. Dude was CLEARLY better than either Morrison or Redick. He's a fucking stud.

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i concur.

3. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

Now that took a lot of class.

4. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

The real question is: why did such a player (who has played this way since he came into the league) ever command such a huge contract?

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because Isiah "The Greatest GM in NBA history" Thomas was out there to offer him the money.

6. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'm not going to get all carried away, but I think a lot of people are underestimating the Cavs AND Wizards. I think keeping Drew Gooden will turn out to be one of the biggest moves in the league this offseason. He played very well last night. The Cavs will finally be consistent this year, which has been an area in which they were lacking.

Simmons (I know, I know) had the Wizards as third in the East, and I think they're closer to third than they are to eighth. Haywood/Thomas provide just enough defense for that team, I think, and Daniels and Javis Hayes can defend on the perimeter.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Out of timeout it was set play.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

OK, so it's only one night, but....

Rudy Gay 21 points
    Brandon Roy 20 points
    Sheldon Williams 0 points

Nice going, Billy Knight. Maybe that's why I got a 50% off tickets offer from the Hawks for opening night????

9. hachat11

hachat11 Member

Ugh, Sheldon Williams. He was a good college player, but I don't think he'll have much of an impact in the NBA.

How about Turiaf blowing up for 23 points last night. Lakers certainly look a lot deeper than last year and they're 2-0 without 3 starters. In the next seven games, at least five are winnable, even if Bryan, Brown and Mihm don't play. That would be a huge start and confidence boost for them.

And I love the NBA thread, btw.

10. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

and don't forget knight passed on chris paul in order to add another player to his small forward collection.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Seconded. And the Hawks' succession of picks will look very badly down the road, worse than it does now. Would you rathe have Speedy Claxton or Chris Paul?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

In the NBA, Gooden still has one major flaw from his Jayhawk days -- rattle him early and he's not a factor the rest of the game. Wilcox swatted two of his shots early in a Final Four loss to Maryland, and Gooden simply decided he couldn't do anything inside from there on out and played more like a guard. When I saw him play a couple times last season, Gooden basically did the same thing.

If Gooden starts fine, no worries. If not, you might as well not count on him.

Draft saved Draft deleted