1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Here's a question. Who's the worst GM of the last five years -- Billy Knight, Isiah Thomas or Rob Babcock? I say Babcock.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Oz, excellent points, and I have seen the same thing. ... However, I think that may have changed. He still has time to pove me wrong, obviously, and like I said, I didn't want to get carried away. But I thought he played well in the playoffs, and genuinely wanted to come back to play with LeBron and Hughes.

Like I said, good points, and I definitely could be wrong.

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

The Grizzlies lineup for most of the 3 overtimes:

PG Chucky Atkins (vet)
    SG Kyle Lowry (R)
    SF Mike Miller (vet)
    PF Rudy Gay (R)
    C Hakim Warrick (2)

Let's not get too excited about 1-0, Knicks fans ...

(still, a really fun game to watch - and a great, great rip by Crawford in the 3rd OT ... play of the game, IMO)

4. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Thing is, last year they would have lost to that lineup. I know they blew a 19 pt lead with some seriously ugly ball, but when's the last time they even had a 19 pt lead? Was it in this millenium?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was impressed by both Warrick (a real good fantasy pickup if he hits his FT) and Lowry. For the Knicks, I really like Frye and Lee.

6. hachat11

hachat11 Member

I agree with you on Frye and Lee. Those are two impressive young players. Of course, the Knicks are in trouble - any team would be - when you have to rely on Curry and Marbury.

As for Drew Gooden, I think it's a good situation for him. If he puts up 12 and 8, that's all he needs to do. If he drifts out of the game mentally, the Cavs can throw Varajeo (sp.?) in down the stretch. It was a good re-sign, I thought, and he always seems to play hard.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

By when does LeBron James have to be on a team that wins an NBA championship in order to fulfill both expectations and potential?

Bonus question: Who would win in a fight: LeBron or Vick?

Answer: Ditka

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Nice start for the Cavs. ... Beat Washington and San Antonio, lose to the fucking Bobcats.

I guess I was wrong on the consistency thing.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My expectations for the Suns are ratcheting down. Amare's a looooong way from effective and they're getting eaten alive inside.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Goodness, if Yao decides he wants to play the same way every night the way he played last night, the Rockets are going to go a long way. He even went 12-12 from the line....

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, don't you worry -- Jalen Rose is on the way. ::) :D :D

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

As a player or sideline reporter for BDSP?

Draft saved Draft deleted