1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

Last season (without Jarvis Hayes), no team had a worse bench than Washington. This season, very few teams have a worse bench than Washington. One injury to a top eight player, they are back to the worst.

2. slowcenter

slowcenter Member

Not a fair comparison. Billy and Isiah have had multiple seasons to get things right. Rob got canned after one and a half.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I would say Isiah. I know it seems like piling on, but the team he's assembled for the price he's assembled it is a shambles. So many players who seem exactly alike.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Isiah is paying variety of players and a coach, $100,000,000.00 not to show up for work. He's the worst.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hell, he could pay me $500,000, and I wouldn't show up for work either. :D :D

6. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

andrew bynum's performances continue to be shocking. with him and dwight howard rapidly improving -- and greg oden on the horizon -- perhaps we haven't seen the last of the great big men/dominant low-post scorers.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Stoudemire is playing aggresive as hell right now. Is anyone catching this?

8. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

yeah, he is. he's got all of five rebounds!
    hopefully in a few months, he'll be back to his old self. but who knows?

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Well, when I made that comment, it was right before halftime and he was playing like a monster. He looked really similar to the old Amare.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Lakers are 2 -2 with Kobe, 2 - 0 without him. Hmmm, coincidence? Ask Lamar "Cloaking Device when #24's on the Court" Odom.

Sportsbruh, you might want to investigate this.

MVP? Sure. Of the "Quit on my team in the playoff elimination game" league. #24 is 3 times as soft as Ocho. People talk about how brittle Shaq is, and he is, but he's 6+ years older than Ocho, and Ocho's wheels are going . . . going . . ..

Say goodbye to first place, Fakers. Clip Joint is running Staples now. Out.

11. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

When does Flip Saunders get fired?

12. hachat11

hachat11 Member

I shouldn't even respond to such drivel, but oh well.
    Yeah, the Lakers are a better team without Kobe. Just like when they went 0-2 without him last year and are under .500 in games he's missed throughout his career.
    Last night, he shoots 12-of-19 (62.5 percent) for 36 points in the loss to Portland. Without him, they lose by 30. You want to blame someone? How about Bynum, who scored all of 2 points (with six fouls) or a host of defenders that gave up 36 to Zach Randolph.
    Don't be stupid, please.
    Sure, the Clippers might be better these days, but we'll see if Cassell holds up again this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted