1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Ok, I respect that. But I will say this. To tell you the truth, I really think Kobe has been at 100%. I've watched all the Laker games this season and it really dosn't look like he's a missed a step at all. His stats dropped because he's started to pass more often.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ok, cool. He's got all the talent in the world, so if he's ready to do what MJ did, the sky's the limit. Peace.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jason Kidd's having a fantastic few minutes here, a couple of layups and one; second one was sweet.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Tonight on When Vince Carter gets injured

Vince falls in the stands, gets "cut" on his hand, and rrrrrraces down to the locker room.

5. Songbird

I've never seen Marcus Williams (Nets) till tonight. Who is he? I really like his game.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yao went bezerk tonight, with 35 and 17, along with 7 blocks. Yes, it was against the Knicks, but still.

7. Early verdict on Adam Morrison: At this point, he's about the same as the guy who played in Charlotte almost 20 years ago: Kelly Tripucka. Same bad hair, same lack of rebounding, assists, defense. But like Tripucka, he can score. At least Morrison won't cry if the crowd boos though.

[​IMG]

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gilbert Arenas is the most under rated super star in the NBA and he has a better offensive game than LeBron.

9. Chuck~Taylor

He sure as hell has can shoot better. He can drive to the basket but I don't think he's as good as LeBron at that because LeBron is just so big. Whenever LeBron takes it to the basket, he's pretty much unstoppable. But Arenas is a very good player.

P.S. People seem to forget that he's only 24 YEARS OLD!

10. Songbird

I should've stayed at the gym for another hour. Damn. The C's looked sharp in the 1st half against the LeBrons at the LeBron Center in LeClevebron. Delonte West is a nice player. Telfair had a few good moments. Hell, even Scalabrine (who I've liked since his USC days) picked up good stats. LeBron looked like he ate a 10-pound steak or had earth-moving sex before the game because he looked listless, and the rest of the team sucked. Except I'm at home now and the game isn't on NESN like I thought. Anyone watching it? C's were up 48-34 at halftime.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

LeBron is the second coming of LeJordan, he goes to the line 22 times out of 38 times for the entire team.
    Shouldn't he average a triple double by now?

12. Songbird

I like your avatar. Did you read the Rolling Stone article on them? I only got through the first 10 paragraphs or so. Funny shtick. I'd like to read the rest of it. As for LeBron (who I really do love to watch), how'd he do in the 2nd half? And triple-double? Hell, he should be averaging a quadruple-double by now.

Draft saved Draft deleted