1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Yes, four years under Coach K.
    The fountain of youth.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Kobe and the Lakers are about to beat the Clippers. I didn't think they had it in them. Kobe's having a huge game, too. Maybe this will work. Lakers will be in first place in the Pacific at 8 - 3.

Props to LAL. Kobe had 40/5/5.

Lakers shot an awful 37%, but got 46 FT attempts, 25 more than the Clippers. Must've been taking the ball to the hoop.

3. hachat11

hachat11 Member

Kobe finally looked 100 percent for the first time this year. That's a good sign for the Lakers. Kwame just seems to be getting better as well, but they still need production from Radmanovic and Maurice Evans. If those two play well off the bench or as spot starters, I think the Lakers are for real. Then again, it's still very early.
    The Clippers are tough, but something's got to give with Livingston. Seems like he's gotten worse this year.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Is this just another first-half tease from the Warriors, or has Nellie finally got their asses in check?

5. stevenash

stevenash Member

hell yeah suns all the way, i live in cleveland but i luv the suns, mostly cuz i play like steve nash does 8)

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'm shocked.

7. stevenash

stevenash Member

except the young bulls could beat the old pistons

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I still think Mark Few is coaching the Celtics to start 2007-08.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Hatchatt, though I haven't had the opportunity to reply to your NBA takes, they are much appreciated. I think you check out a lot more hoops than I can right now, and your insight is a big help to me, for sure, in knowing the state of the league. Good takes on the Rockets and the Lakers. After reading your take on Lakers - Clips, I read something similar to what you said about Kobe looking 100% for the first time this year.

So unless that's you covering the Lakers beat for the Times, you obviously know your hoops. Thanks for the info.

10. hachat11

hachat11 Member

Well, it's not me covering for the Times (a man can dream), but I do watch a lot of hoops.
    That four-day layoff helped Kobe a lot last week and he seems almost to full strength. This team appears a lot deeper than last year's and a 4 or 5 seed appears doable in the West.
    Thanks for your kind words as well. I apologize for the troll comment a few pages back.
    I enjoy your insight and any talk on the NBA is good talk to me.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've watched the NBA for about 27 of my 35 years, seen some unbelieveable individual and team performances, be it for a quarter or half or game.

The Suns in the 1st quarter tonight against the Nets have scored 37 points so far on 15 of 18 shooting. It's not just the shooting, but the entire flow of their attack. It's a beautiful thing to behold.

Edit: quarter ends 39-21, Suns make their last 13 shots and go 84%. Even the Nets had a few nice plays, including a massive dribble-drive dunk by Carter. This could be a great game till the end.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Damn, I'm tired of all the whining about the Bulls' "circus" trip.

There's one solution: There can't be a circus trip if there is no circus. Someone needs to invade the United Center and release those poor animals.

They should be able to fend for themselves in the urban environ.

Draft saved Draft deleted