1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just turned it on. Thanks for the heads-up, Chuck.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

No prob.
    The Lakers were getting hammered the whole game. Smush Parker came up big in the 4th quarter. Yao had two great plays in the final minute. A huge block that made it 89-87 LA and the game-tying shot which made it 89-89.
    The Rockets deserve to lose this game.

3. Chuck~Taylor

And we're going to a 2nd OT.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And Smush hits another three, biggest lead for the Lakers 104-99.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Kobe hits a tough shot. 108-99.

Houston's turnovers are killing them.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And, as you said, Houston will get what they deserve. This has been awful from Houston in the second overtime.

The graphic looked like it said Kobe had 53. That's nice. Sick shot he just made as well.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah, this game really showed how Kobe has learned to manage the game. He knows when to go for 50+ and when to go for 20 and 10.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Nothing weirder than reading about Smush Parker. I saw him playing in the CBA less than 2 years ago and the only thing that made him famous was his afro.

9. Chuck~Taylor

You forgot his name :).

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

His name is weird, but his afro was so huge in the CBA that when he was a guest-picker in our football picks we couldn't get his mug shot to fit in the hole.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Anyone else see the end of the Knicks-Bobcats game? Yeah, I have no idea why I was watching. But this was a good game. Ended at the very end of triple overtime. The score was tied. The Knicks got a steal and called a time out with 1/10 of a second remaining. On the inbound pass, they threw an alley-oop up and David Lee tipped it in for the win. Kind of an odd night. Michael Jordan was there, sitting with Ahmad Rashad. Down celebrity row Patrick Ewing was sitting with Charles Oakley. This was the second game in a row the Knicks won at the buzzer. Yeah, they're still a mess and Isaiah is a clown. But it's crazy how they are playing their best basketball of the season following the brawl, which was the lolight of their season.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Knicks played really, really well for much of the second half. Frye and Lee looked really good, Balkman gave good energy off the bench and Curry was dominant on offense (regardless of his inability to play defense). Marbury was excellent as well. Of course, Zeke ran two non-plays at the end of regulation and overtime. I acually think that Lee's bucket shouldn't have counted, as he cupped the ball, rather than tipped it. No Francis and no Nate makes them much better.

Draft saved Draft deleted