1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

maybe this saturday when the knicks are in town or january 10 when the sixers are at MSG...

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Did anyone check out CPaul dunking on Dwight Howard? Sick.

4. hachat11

hachat11 Member

The Knicks are so much better when David Lee gets big minutes. He does a lot of little things that don't get noticed. Isaiah screwed it up earlier (yes, shocking) by cutting his minutes when Jeffries got healthy. He's a difference-maker, though.

Lakers outscored T'Wolves 34-7 in the fourth quarter last night, getting most of it from their bench. Radmanovic finally seems to be doing something of worth.

And, btw, the Suns aren't bad. So much for a down year for Amare.

5. Kable

Kable Member

Man, Amare Stoudemire had a great game last night. I remember seeing him dunk on Okafor when the Suns came to Charlotte. Freaking stud.

Anyway, Suns won a close one last night. It'll be interesting to see how the Suns play teams like the Mavs and/or the Spurs in the playoffs.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, the Suns are really getting it together, it seems, after the early season struggles. I'm glad Amare's kicking ass, and I'm sure Nash is happy now that the old ball is back. They're going to be a force, for sure.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ray Charles saw this also, and didn't need Stevie Wonder to point it out.
    Iverson is a putz.
    DENVER - Allen Iverson took plenty of shots at his former team, before, during and after the game. It didn’t add up to a win, though.

Kyle Korver scored 26 points to help the Philadelphia 76ers beat the Denver Nuggets 108-97 Tuesday night in Iverson’s first game against his former team.

“It was weird to see him wearing a white jersey and we’re wearing black,” Korver said. “I said to one of our coaches that it is so weird to see him on the other side. It wasn’t really a good feeling at all. He’s a great player and he meant a lot to Philadelphia.”
    Iverson scored 30 points on 10-of-24 shooting before getting tossed for his second technical with 1:44 remaining. Afterward, he said the loss disappointed him because he feels the Nuggets are the better team.

Iverson’s best shots, however, came before tip-off when he again ripped the team that traded him to Denver over the holidays, repeating his contention that he should have had more say in the Sixers’ style.

Iverson also saved a parting shot for official Steve Javie, who ejected him.“I thought I got fouled on that play, and I said I thought that he was calling the game personal, and he threw me out,” Iverson said. “His fuse is real short anyway, and I should have known that I couldn’t say anything anyway. It’s been something personal with me and him since I got in the league. This was just the perfect game for him to try and make me look bad.”

Actually, Iverson didn’t need much help in that regard as he was slow to get going, hitting just two of nine shots and committing three of his game-high seven turnovers in the first quarter....After the morning shootaround, Iverson said he felt a player of his stature and tenure should have been listened to when he criticized the Sixers’ style of play last month, a condemnation that led to his departure from Philadelphia after 10 tumultuous seasons.“When you’re losing basketball games, 12 of 14, 18 of 20 basketball games, you should listen to somebody because something obviously isn’t working,” he said.

Iverson said he was still bitter with the way Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks and team owner Billy King handled his complaints that led to his departure from Philadelphia.

8. Kable

Kable Member

The Sixers just played a better game last night. Plain and simple. Iverson just had a bad game. He'll bounce back.

9. heyabbott

Iverson scored 30 on 10 of 30 shooting, sounds like a typical game. He was ejected becuase he can't control his emotions, sounds typical Iverson to me.
    Maybe it is a bad game, but that's just typical?

10. heyabbott

Kwame Brown, all 8 ppg 6rpg, will be out a few weeks having aggravated his recurring yeast infection.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Didn't think it was worth a new thread ... but ... ya'll hear the Pat Riley news on Cold Pizza?

Sam Smith reports that Riley is gonna take a leave of absence.

Man, when the going gets tough in Miami - Riley gets going, doesn't he?

12. Kable

Kable Member

Correction: typical game...

Draft saved Draft deleted