1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Just heard it now listening to the radio. I guess as long as Riley got a NBA title, he can bail out at anytime. And Sxysprtswrtr is dead-on with the story from Sam Smith and the Chicago Trib.

Hey, Ron Jeremy, do you want to coach again?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Slow sports-news day in Miami, huh?

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I guess the Florida Panthers' Jacques Martin will be on his way out any day now since every coaching job is changing around there: Marlins, Heat, Dolphins, UM football ...

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Guess this means that Shaq won't start practicing until after Easter.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

This is just an example of how good this Miami Heat them thinks they are. They think they can just cake walk their way through the season and then blow everyone out in the playoffs. Some teams can do that. Miami Heat ain't one of them. They're just not that good.
    Shaq was playing slow last season and now you're telling me he's going to save you after coming back from KNEE SURGERY? Come on.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Damn, the Central Division is good.

Jesus, the rest of the East sucks worse than COCKDIAN'S grammar.

8. Kable

Kable Member

Trade
    Jeff McInnis to Bobcats
    Bernard Robinson to the Nets

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2718609

That makes the Bobcats have 3 Tar Heels on their team: McInnis, Felton, & May.

Don't forget Jordan being the second-in-command in the Queen City.

9. heyabbott

Gilbert Arenas: MVP. Don't say I didn't tell you.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Great offensive player. Defense isn't all there but Steve Nash won it twice so I guess it could happen.

11. Kable

Kable Member

Arenas should get some MVP recognition. He's simply "hibachi" right now. If he can keep it up for the rest of the year, yes, he's the MVP.

12. heyabbott

I fail to see why he's not given the same NBA love as Carmello, LeBron and DWade. He's every bit the player they are. Guarneteed if he was on the Heat last Year, they'd still have won. BTW Put any of them on the Heat last year, and they would still would have won.

Draft saved Draft deleted