1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Kable

Kable Member

All I got to say is he's been on fire this season, and he should START, not just make the All-Star team.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe if he'd been in that awesome 2003 draft he would be. As it were, he was Mr. Irrelevant in the '01 draft. But he's still a helluva player and if he gets the Wiz into a top seed, he'll get strong consideration, if not this year then next. Otherwise he's simply Bernard King writ modern.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, Gil is blowing up. I'm happy for him, and he deserves tons of accolades.

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

wrong.
    the equivalent of wade's feat with the heat? .... that would be carrying the wizards to the title last year.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The way Gil drilled that three from four feet beyond the line at the buzzer last night to beat the Bucks was unreal.

If you watch the replay, after he shoots the ball he turns around and starts walking downcourt because he knows it's going in and the game's over.

Hotdoggish? Sure. But it still looked pretty cool.

6. hachat11

hachat11 Member

There's no doubt he's the MVP right now - a fair point to make since we're nearing the halfway point of the season.
    Nash is probably the main competition right now, but Arenas is simply unstoppable offensively. He's strong enough to go to the hole on anybody and he has unlimited range. He's one of those guys I just love to watch.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

hachatt - nice assessment, especially for those of us who haven't yet turned our full attention to the NBA yet. Thanks.

what's the latest sniping between Gil and Kobe? Has this started up again? what's the deal?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Arenas dropped 60 on Kobe and won the game and Kobe said Gil has no conscience about his shot selection.
    This becomes the new standard defintion of Kutzpah. The former definition being the man who killed his parents and threw himself on the mercy of the court claiming he's an orphan.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Arenas had Shaq in the low post to play 2 on 2 with, he would average 40 a game.

10. hachat11

hachat11 Member

Yeah, comparing last year's Wizards to Heat isn't a fair one at all. Miami had a much better team overall with guys that were proven winners. Plus, they played defense, something the Wizards still think is optional.

The Kobe comment didn't make much sense, but looking back it was the game the Lakers should have won; they lost and Kobe said something silly after a frustrating loss. A dumb comment, but not that big a deal.
    Arenas, though, showed class in saying he's still a Bryant fan. Arenas is quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch. He's got that vibe going that nobody can stop him these days.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

True dat.

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Well-played, indeed, heyabbott. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted