1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

the washed-up shaq who wasn't doubled in the finals and averaged 15 points a game against erick dampier and desagana diop? that one? the truth is shaq had little to do with wade's success in the finals.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Um, have you watched the heat play this season?

3. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

yes .... all the more impressive that wade carried those bunch of washed-up mutts to an NBA title.

shaq = washed up
    payton = washed up
    antoine walker = washed up
    jason williams = knees are washed up
    zo = running on fumes

the heat's second-best player is udonis haslem ... that's not a good thing.

4. Chuck~Taylor

They're 9th in the east right now. Kobe has his team at number 5 in the west and LeBron has his at number 2 in the east.

Yeah, Shaq averaged 15 in the Finals but he's was a BIG factor in Wade's success. Just his presence is enough. Whenever Wade drives, it takes away the option of doubling him with the big man because Shaq is always there. Posey,Walker and Williams were very important in the Heat's the run to the fianls as well. Walker started to drive the ball more instead jacking up 3's all day.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

5 points while watching the Lakers-Queens ...

1) Why is Kobe 24? Really, why?

2) Marv and Chuck Amok talking about Maloof maybe leaving 'cuz he wants a bigger place; what, 17,000 isn't big enough? I remember when Arco used to be 12,000. Silliness.

3) Too bad there aren't places like the Rose Garden and Mecca Arena. Loved that floor with dual-colored diamonds. The Omni was kind of cool, too. As was the Forum. Spent many great nights there for the Lakers, Kings and yes, the Lazers.

4) I know Marv's image is rehabilitated, but I still wonder what the moment looked like when he took a bite. But, can't fault a man for his bedroom mojo. Just being a beast. Animalistic.

5) Soon, Jason Kidd will be playing in Sacramento. He's from NorCal, so it would be a great place to end his career, at home. Watched him play in the CIF State D-I title game at Arco. Tore it up.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Stupid FN Lakers :mad:

7. Chuck~Taylor

Thought I'd bring this thread up again to talk about T-Mac's recent play. He's been playing like the old T-Mac and the rockets have been 6-2 since he's come back to lineup(all games have been without Yao).
    You gotta feel happy for this guy. It's not easy coming back from those crazy back injuries. I remember at one point, he had to be taken off the court in a stretcher and it didn't look too good. I still believe that this guy is one of the top players in the league.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vince Carter leads Gilbert Arenas by a couple hundred thousand All Star votes. Not even baseball fans are as stupid as NBA fans. Shaq is the leading vote getter at center for the East. What fucking games are these idiots watching

9. Chuck~Taylor

Say 'ello to my generation baby. All we care about are dunks and highlights. When Gilbert Arenas learns how to pull a 360, you let me know. :)

10. Kable

Kable Member

Arenas can do a windmill. Does that count?

11. I remember talking to an older NBA fan who's a friend of my family and I asked him what he thought of Gilbert Arenas, he said "Micheal Ray Richardson without the white powder problem." I had to do some research (I'm 25) to understand what he meant, but Gilbert's game is so complete it's ridiculous. Unless LeBron completely snaps in the second half of the season, The MVP has got to be Gil.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gilbert's posting some nice assist numbers(not Nash like) and steals and gets a fair amount of rebounds for a PG. He's not just about scoring. He's getting better defensively. The beauty of his game, compared to the overblowing of Kobe, LeBron and Iverson, is even with Gilbert putting up 30 a game, Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison are each putting up about 20 a game.

Draft saved Draft deleted