1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I soooooo hate the Spurs. Glad to see T-Mac doing well and not banged up ... so far.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Same here. He's looking like the old T-Mac again. Now if they can get him and Yao healthy by playoff time, I think they can be really dangerous.

3. Garner

Garner Member

Really dangerous? As in, second-round-playoff-exit dangerous? The Rockets need a guard that can distribute the ball who won't fold under pressure. They'd also need the Suns to contract the ebola virus.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6ers can lose with or without Iverson, proving once again the practice and training are over rated.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

As long as we're wishing for the impossible, I'd like it to rain dollar bills here at my house. McGrady must be the oldest 27-year-old on the planet. Rockets have the look of a really good regular season team that hits the playoffs and gets bitch-slapped in five by Phoenix or Dallas.

6. Kable

Kable Member

My friend and I are going to a hibachi place tonight, and he's going to wear his Gilbert Arenas jersey. No one will get the joke, but it'll be hilarious.

HIBACHI!!!

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

One of the great NBA draft-night trades in history:

Robert Traylor: pleaded guilty Thursday to preparing a false tax return after hiding assets for a convicted drug dealer.
    for
    Dirk Nowitzki and Pat Garrity

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember watching when they selected Robert Traylor and I nearly threw up. And then they trade him away for Dirk and I still almost threw up because I thought they were swinging a trade for a brand-name top college guy. Oh how naive I was then.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Charles Barkley got me laughing again.

Reggie Miller: You can't put Carmelo on the AS team because he went Robert Deniro, Raging Bull on everybody.
    Charles Barkley: You can't go Raging Bull if you're backin' up. He stung like a bee and flew like a butterfly.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Arenas scored 54 points against the Suns last month and has said his next 50-point game will come against the Trail Blazers on Feb. 11, prompting D’Antoni to say: “I can’t wait to see what he does against Duke. He’s gonna kill Duke.”

“He’d like to see what I’m going to do against Duke,” Arenas wrote in a posting this week on his nba.com blog. “I thought it was funny because if I have the chance to go back to college, I’ll give up one NBA season to play against Duke.

“One college game that’s five fouls, right? ... 40-minute game at Duke, they got soft rims I’d probably score 84 or 85. I wouldn’t pass the ball. I wouldn’t even think about passing it. It would be like a NBA Live or an NBA 2K7 game, you just shoot with one person.”

11. Chuck~Taylor

Great game so far. Wizards vs. Pistons. Pistons came back to make it a close game. Arenas and Billups are going back and forth.
    4th quarter, 2:45 left in the game.
    90-89 Washington

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Jamal Crawford 52 as the Knicks blow out the Heat

Draft saved Draft deleted