1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Purpose NBA Thread I

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know everyone loves to compare Morrison to Bird, and why not? Same terrible mustaches, right? But Bird was All-Defensive 2nd team from 1982-84, when he was still a pup. He never made an All-Defensive team again.

http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/bird.htm

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i don't hate him. i just don't think he's much of a prospect. i don't think he has a position or enough of a well-rounded game. he struggled to shoot 30 percent in the preseason against inferior competition. we'll see.

but the bobcats aren't shielding him from anything. if he were playing well and excelling in practice, he would be starting.

size-wise, he is a small forward, but with the gerald wallace on the team, morrison has zero chance of starting there.

at this point the bobcats are prolly wishing they would have taken brandon roy. at least they'd have a starting shooting guard on opening night who can play point guard minutes.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Probably. P-r-o-b-a-b-l-y.

Probably.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Any way the Bucks DON'T finish last in the Central?

I love the Bogut-Mr. No Eyebrows-Simmons front line and the new duds; hate the division they're in. For all of the team's flaws, they'd probably win the suck-ass Atlantic.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I really like Charlie Bell on that team.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Big surprise there. You, show love for a kid from Flint, get outta here!

7. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

i love great defense. ben is a good help defender. but one-on-one, he can't stop anybody from scoring. he was the third-best defender on the pistons.

a player such as bruce bowen is a far superior defender than ben wallace.

8. Chuck~Taylor

MNF needs a guy like Hubie Brown in the booth.

9. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

is anybody watching the bulls game?

i think they should've signed some defensive-oriented frontcourt players to stop dwight howard.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Morrison's line from his opener:

31 minutes, 5-for-13 from the field, 1-for-3 from 3-point line, 3-for-3 on free throws, three rebounds, two assists, four turnovers, two steals, three fouls and 14 points. Not too bad, though he did miss a couple of 3-pointers in the fourth quarter that could of gotten the Bobcats back in the game.

11. Chuck~Taylor

ESPN showed some of the highlights of the first half. They showed the two dunks and the block he had on b.gordon . This guy is no joke. He looks like Amare before the surgery.

12. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

yeah, morrison didn't do too terribly. he obviously has to shoot better. he does look like a career reserve to me though. but best-case scenario is he is a valuable one.

Draft saved Draft deleted