1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American Idol 2012

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You didn't. DMB never covered it, according to my friend who has been to 150-plus shows ...

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No kidding, but everything Phil-Phil does sounds like a DMB version of something.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Entitled and ungracious are synonyms for Shannon. ... she seemed positively incredulous this was happening to her last night when she deserved. I do agree that she'll outlast Erika, but she shouldn't. EVP has been one of the most consistent performers since the start of the show. I have to yet to see a "bad" performance.

Overall, I think it's safe to say this is a girls year.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Gator, Shannon is so much more purely talented than Erika, it's not even funny.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

In range, perhaps, but I'm a tone kind of guy ... and Shannon is a poor girl's Pia. Erika has a very unique tone, and she's very, very consistent. Not consistent enough to win, but I'll take Erika singing some Heart over that Shannon train wreck eight days a week.

And I get into the story of the people, be it right or wrong. Erika is a fucking karaoke DJ, while Shannon's dad paid for his little girl to have singing lessons since she could walk. I hate entitled brats.

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I bought the song on iTunes this morning and you're right. The song sounds exactly like something DMB would do.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Let's compromise and say Jessica Sanchez can sing both of them under the table. ;)

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Agreed!

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

[SPOILER ALERT FOR TOMORROW'S EPISODE]

OK, stop reading if you don't want to know ...

So, TMZ is reporting that Jermaine Jones is getting kicked off the show tomorrow night for failing to report a pair of crimes on his record.

Thoughts?

I mean, I'm sad to see him go as I think he is a strong talent and I'm pretty sure Jimmy is crying himself to sleep right now but, at the same time, I always felt it was a little wrong for them to bring him back in the first place.

Wonder if this means Jeremy is back or if they're going to skip an elimination this week or what.

Should mess with the overall production of the show I bet.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Meh, not the first person to be kicked off the show. Won't be the last.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

SPOILER...

The best part about this story is the fact that Idol confronted Jermaine today on camera, and they're going to air that footage tomorrow night.

And one of those crimes was a violent crime, I guess, so I hope Seacrest brought his mace concealed as lip gloss.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Spoiler ...

Guess he's not a gentle giant after all, huh?

Draft saved Draft deleted