1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An A-hole at Xmas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Unibomber: if you raged, you still did the right thing. I hate when people say "Well, Christmas is about family and family comes first and you need to be the bigger man because Jesus is the reason for the season."

Great advice.

Someone should have told it to the fucks who ate the pizza and said "You snooze, you lose."

As for the brother's woman . . . I agree with Pastor. I'll have buddies over no matter what the condition of my living space is, but the wife vetoes that stuff regularly if she finds it unpresentable.

HOWEVER . . . . . .

I would have hedged my bets and chowed down on the Italian food at wife's Mom's. That way, if Chris L. is right, the attempt to screw you by eating all the pizza would have been foiled. AND you would have had quality time with your wife's mom, which really is what Christmas is all about: quality time with the parents.

As long as they don't let idiot siblings run wild.

2. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

HEY, WE HAVE A WINNER! Yes, I am an asshole all the time.
    HOWEVER -- those who point out i showed up 20 minutes late for breakfast, let me note that NOTHING starts on time normally with that family as they all farm and all have stuff to get done. Plus, the 20 minute delay was caused by my 4-year-old who fell ill that morning and puked before he even got any butchered hog.
    Also, I did leave the girlfriend's presents with my bro when we finally stopped to see the house. I still havent met the wench, but I was in the spirit of giving.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I might be able to find some descriptions on the Internets about butchering hogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted