1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Andy Katz geography lesson

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 27, 2006.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Could it be that much worse than living in Nebraska?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's much better than living in Nebraska because it's not as cold in winter.

Maybe Katz confused Butler with Butler County Community College, which is actually very close to Wichita. Still don't think the Shockers and Grizzlies have much of a rivalry though.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Of course, Wichita does have a team that made the Sweet 16. Mizzou ... not so much.

4. God bless the Missouri Valley Conference.

Maybe Katz was thinking of Creighton, since that is Nebraska's in-state rival and, like WSU, Creighton is in the MVC.

I know WSU used to play Kansas regularly, until Kansas got tired of losing to them. Do they play Kansas State every year?

5. alexg23

alexg23 Member

Meanwhile, does anybody have an update on what exactly is going on with the Butler AD vacancy? I keep hitting refresh on ESPN, but all I get is this crappy news about blockbuster baseball trades, NFL training camps opening, and Landis' possible doping.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

the look on the girl's face (right) is priceless and makes me want to ... ahh, nevermind.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I like Wichita State, but Kansas wasn't doing a whole lot of losing to the Shockers when they stopped that series. WSU was really bad then, but still thought it should get a home-and-home deal. There was also a issue with WSU wanting the game on pay-per-view, which conflicted with KU's other TV deals.

Draft saved Draft deleted