1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another reason to hate Nancy Grace...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

while he's at it, I'd like to know what happened to DB Cooper and Jimmy Hoffa.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Pallister's resting. It takes lots of sleep to behave in a way that makes so many people roll their eyes in disdain.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Then... she tells her "Police told me not to."

This woman did it. Game, set and match.

Grace had her sniffed out.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

No, I'm pretty much on auto-pilot as far as that ability is concerned. It's pretty much second nature at this point.

D.B. Cooper killed Kennedy, and that's why he had to disappear. He's in the witness relocation program eating egg noodles with ketchup.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Um, yeah. If it turns out that this chick is innocent, five bucks says the family sues.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Let's hope so.

But she ain't innocent.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't. It's maybe the first and last time I would ever cheer on Ms. Grace, but it was called for.

Why wouldn't Melinda Duckett tell anyone where she went shopping? Why did her attorney advise her not to take a polygraph test? For that matter, why did the Leesburg police spend time tearing apart her car, her apartment, &c. this week?

I've had the chance to follow this story from the start, and I cannot escape the strong sense that Melinda Duckett had something to do with the death of her 2-year-old son. I would like to be wrong, but I don't expect to be.

9. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

More than likely she killed him. But it's always fun to see Nancy Grace back track when someone didn't do a good background check.

Like in the case of the newlywed's wife that went overboard. She grilled and grilled her PR person -- wouldn't let the guy get a word in edgewise. When she finally gave him a chance to talk, he informed Nancy that that there was videotape evidence that proves the wife's story (she was passed out in a hallway when he went overboard).

She looked stunned for a second, and then kept on grilling. What an idiot.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

I'm not convinced that she killed him --- in all honesty, I think it's more likely that he died accidentally, but as a result of something that could well be construed as her fault or responsibility.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I, like many, think Grace is an awful shrew, however:
    The presumption of innocence has nothing to do with her, or any private citizen. We're all allowed to think or believe whatever we want about a person's possible guilt.
    Also, she can badger somebody on her show as long as her employers and viewers let her. That doesn't make her responsible for this woman's suicide.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

BING! BING! BING! BING!

http://tinyurl.com/emqh8

Oh, yeah, she tossed pictures of her son in the trash. And his toys. And his food. And the sonogram images from when he was still in the womb.

http://tinyurl.com/z3smg

Draft saved Draft deleted