1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-heroes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FileNotFound, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, no. I didn't see Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal try to ride this to the top.

I understand that this is about anti-heroes, but just no ... there are more than a couple of exceptions among the top players who aren't/weren't vilifying others in the process.

----

Fully agree on both Kobe Bryant and Bob Barker. The former is shaping up to be similar to Dale Earnhardt ... died too early, therefore making any criticism an attempt to dance on graves according to some. The latter? Kinda made many of us want to pull for Adam Sandler ...

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was being facetious, but it is just not as remarkable as it once was to see a top player yell at umpires.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

On that I'll agree. See: Novak Djokovic and that ball he hit that got him DQed, and more than one incident from Serena Williams.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Ol' Ball Coach Goober!

5. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I thought his fawning barnacles in the state media gave him that after he referred to himself that way in an interview.

I remember dudes laughing at this guy's jokes one time like he was Don Rickles.

At least show a thin veneer of neutrality.

Draft saved Draft deleted