1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone plan on camping out for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brookerton, Nov 15, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Raleigh (AP) John Edwards resident of Raleigh gives the thumbs up after buying his Play Station 3. Edwards had camped out for 3 days in front of Walmart for the privilege.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Some guy around here was interviewed by a TV station after purchasing a PS3 from Best Buy. Dude said, "I just got married. This is my honeymoon."

Rumor has it he was divorced by 3 p.m. Friday.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Japanese actually have their own word ("otaku") for a person who plays video games until his knuckles bleed and doesn't leave the house.

I believe a dude there dropped dead of cardiac arrest a year ago or so after completing something like a 28-hour video game marathon.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fucking Putnam?! First thought is I can't believe Wal-Mart exists in a bumfuck town like Putnam. Putnam is so far out in East Bumfuck that the guy that got shot had to be transported to Worcester. That's...that's not very close. For his sake I hope it was a flesh wound.

Second thought is good God you're not safe anywhere anymore. Next up: Carjackings in Thompson and drive-by shootings in Kent.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If I were to ever buy a PS3, I would bring my own security force. Someone might get stabbed when thugs attempt to rob me, but it would be the hired help, not me.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe they could've taken him by horse and buggy to Sturbridge and performed some voodoo on him.

(And there's probably a store so close since Wal-Mart has a massive distribution center off the Mass Pike and I-84.)

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Funny you should mention that, Oz...

You mean, like this?

www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061118/BUSINESS/611180415

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Wow ... I just checked e-bay again, and the market has REALLY gone to crap.

I didn't even come close to getting one, btw, but, wow, how stupid would you feel if you shelled out $3500 about 72 hours ago for something selling for $1000 today?

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How would you feel if you shelled out $10k? I think once all the trend-jumpers got theirs, the market dried up quickly.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I don't think those were all serious bids. I was watching some of those auctions ... one actually finished for $10k, and right away another went close to that high, but then it went down to like $7500, then $5000. I think someone might have been screwing around.

Things were sort of crazy that first day, and they really were selling for 3,000 and 4,000, maybe even 5,000, but if anyone really paid 10k, they paid twice the going rate on e-bay which is ... pretty stupid (even considering the discussion we're having)

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Market crash might be due to some of poor reviews that have come out in past few days.

Draft saved Draft deleted