1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone plan on camping out for a PS3?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brookerton, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Either way, they will sell ... quick. Nice timely release.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061117/ap_on_re_us/playstation_shooting_6

1 shot in Conn. Playstation waiting line

PUTNAM, Conn. - Two armed thugs tried to rob of line of people waiting to buy the new Playstation 3 gaming console early Friday and shot one who refused to give up the money, authorities said.
    In Palmdale, Calif., authorities shut down a Super Wal-Mart after some shoppers got rowdy late Wednesday. In West Bend, Wis., a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart.

In Lexington, Ky., police were investigating a drive-by shooting that hit four people with BB pellets outside a Best Buy store, causing minor injuries, according to WKYT, whose own reporter was hit as she interviewed buyers in line.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

eBay prices for these things are incredible. Forget turning a $1,400 profit. Aim higher, one auction just ended with a winning bid of $5,251.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just saw one for $9,000.

I'm tempted to throw in a $10K bid just so I can mail the guy a note saying, "You thought I was serious?"

I don't buy on eBay anyway, so I have no auction reputation to protect. ;D

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My buddy who just got back from the store with his has a mimimum of 3K on his auction.

He says he'll be happy with a 2400$ profit, regardless.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Someone is auctioning the box that a PS3 came in. THE BOX, not a console, just the box. Bid was at $20.

I don't know which is worse, that someone is auctioning the box off or that there were actually eight bids placed onit.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, as a potential "asshole-gag gift" the PS3 box would be fantastic.

"Now, before you open that gift, I just want to let you know I knew a guy and pulled a few strings to get it."
    ... unwrapping of gift to see the PS3 box... opening it up to find a dildo inside. "You fucking asshole!"

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Sounds like something my dad would do, then he would laugh about it for years to come. Every Christmas would be, "Remember when....."

Brilliant

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Pastor, you're a genius.

I hope it isn't too late to bid...

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

How great is it to see a post like this from a person with the username of Pastor?

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

12. Say what you want, but I was lucky enough to get my hands on one today for regular price. It was supposed to be a gift from my wife, I felt guilty and ended up paying for it myself. Got home, hooked it up to my HD and put in NBA2K7.
    I am 32 years old. I am relatively well educated. And I know there are better ways to spend $500 (for the 20gig). I put that game in and, to borrow a phrase from one of my best friends:
    Recockulous. This thing is unfreakingbelieveable.

Draft saved Draft deleted