1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you proud of this Libs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribe4264, Oct 27, 2006.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Since Scribe doesn't seem interested in actually making is own case, I'll make it for him.

Here's the original incident:

Here's the organization from which this guy hails - disavowing him, and making a prompt public apology:

http://www.peacefresno.org/

(this is the group famously infiltrated by the Fresno sheriff's office.)

Going back to a post I wrote earlier, this is a heinous taunt to make to a Gold Star family, for which there is no defense under any circumstance. I can't imagine any American not cringing in the face of such willful, stupid hate.

But that this particular on-camera idiot is no more representative of the larger community on the left than Fred Phelps is the larger community on the right, seems to me self-evident.

The extremist spirit in which Scribe posted this thread - in which all things must be utterly polarized, as though somehow thoughtful people on the left would be proud of this moron; or that there is an equivalency here between this incident and the Kerry quotes he takes so blithely out of context - remains contemptible. In any of us.

Whatever Scribe's intentions might be, or his dreams for this nation's future, this kind of reactionary manipulation, disingenuousness and deception isn't going to get him there. Nor are his reporting skills. It took about a minute and a half to find this stuff.

2. "The country of my birth."
    Do you suppose he blows his own tin horn when he types that?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FB, help out a poor schlep from Canuckistan.

What's "American Philosophy"?

Is that like "American Gladiator"?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Gladiators ready!

[​IMG]

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, JR, I think "American Philosophy" is more analogous to "American Idol" these days.

6. It used to have something to do with guaranteed rights and personal liberty.
    Damned if I know what it is now.

7. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Tell you what boys and girls, go read David McCullough's "1776" and "John Adams" and maybe you'll discover what the "American philosophy" is and why the liberals of today remind me of the Loyalists of the late 1700s.

I haven't checked out the youtube and the other site yet, but I will, and if this group is in fact denouncing this guy then good for them. But it still does not change the basic fact that he is a liberal and he was spouting the liberal talking point line when he attacked that poor woman.

This is the type of person you libs have created. No matter how many shots you take at me, the fact is that liberals are more of a threat to this country than any Muslim terrorist ever will be.

8. It reads! It reads!
    Yes, it was the liberals who allied themselves with unaccountable monarchical ineptitude, then and now.
    Perhaps it doesn't read.
    Perhaps it looks at the books and scratches its nuts.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah. ::)

10. I don't listen to Rush or Hannity, so I have no idea what they said. But I do think "hate radio" is a bit of a stretch. I guess I could say the same thing about Air America (if anybody listened to it).

11. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Perhaps if the liberal Clinton Administration had been less interested in incenerating a handful of religous wackos in Texas - a group that included women and children - and sending a child back to communist Cuba and a little more concerned with snuffing out OBL and his terrorist organization we probably wouldn't have had a 9/11 or even this conversation.
    Or if they'd done a better job keeping N. Korea from obtaining the materials for their nuclear program, or if they'd done a better job enforcing the sanctions against Saddam Hussien, or if they hadn't ordered the justice department to NOT pursue the fact that Terry Nichols received training from OBL's organization that helped lead to the Oklahoma City bombing.
    The blood of many American civilians over the past 13 years can be laid at the doorstep of the Great Liberal Way of Thinking.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

42 percent of this country consider themselves liberal, 28 percent consider themselves conservative and 30 percent consider themselves centrist.

Thus, you are claiming that 42 percent of the people in this country are more of a threat to the country than any Muslim terrorist ever will be.

And you wonder why we don't want this administration to decide who is a terrorist and who isn't. And you wonder why we don't want this administration to be able to spy on anyone at will.

And you wonder why the nation is so fucking polarized.

It's funny how many people say that . . . well, somebody's listening to them, and it ain't "the libs."

And maybe if you would quit repeating their schtick (does the term "silver platter" mean anything to you?), your lie that you never listen to them might sound a bit more credible.

Draft saved Draft deleted