1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you proud of this Libs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribe4264, Oct 27, 2006.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Well put.

I suppose this is what I understand the least about what Scribe posted: no one here things saying those things is acceptable. Ergo, you're barking at the wrong people.

2. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

OK, I'll play.

How many non-liberals (the 58% that don't consider themselves liberal according to your post) made films about the Assassination of President William Jefferson Clinton?
    How many wrote books about killing President William Jefferson Clinton?
    How many went to foreign countries and attacked President William Jefferson Clinton and claimed America was an evil country?
    How many thought it was a good idea to allow N. Korea to develop nukes because it wasn't fair that America has them and N. Korea didn't, ala Madaline Albright?
    How many would think it acceptable to keep voting a person into the Senate who allowed an innocent young woman to drown in a car under a bridge, while he called his political advisors for advice instead of calling someone to try and help save the woman?
    How many have tried to prevent the votes of military personel serving their country overseas from being counted in a Presidential election?
    I could keep going, but I doubt it will matter to the usual liberal suspects on this board.
    Facts mean little to them in their blind pursuit of the Great Liberal Way.
    I just wonder how many people will die because of them and I pray that I and any of my family won't have to pay the ultimate price for liberal insanity.

3. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Then why do you keep voting for people who are saying things like that?

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

You know nothing of my voting record, sir. Show me any instance where someone I voted for said that, then we'll talk.

5. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

I believe your post said I was barking at the wrong people. Perhaps my reply should have read: Then why do the wrong people I am barking at vote for, support and repeat verbatim, the people who are saying that?

Is that better?

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Fair enough. You should ask them.

Unfortunately, you're going to have to come up with a better candidate than Kerry, as the quote you shared wasn't the same as the gross wretchedness of the protestor of your first post.

7. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

I'll grant you that.
    But my point is that when you have Kerry and Durbin setting the table with their remarks - which accused US troops of terrorizing women and children and compared them to the Nazis, Pol Pot, etc, etc. - you are just inviting these types of wackos to step in and escalate things.
    I have no problem with being opposed to Iraq, that is the right of every American to support or oppose whatever they want.
    I think we should have invaded Iraq, but I don't think we have conducted the war correctly at all.
    My issue with the libs is the way they are going about dissenting. They sound like mouthpieces for the Muslim Terrorists every time they open their mouths, as do many on this board.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The libs.

I learned in third grade, from a really good teacher, not to generalize about people or serious issues. Of course, I don't always succeed, but damn. At least make an effort.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I was bound and determined to just drop this, but you came back and made a nice, rational point which is worth logical discussion.

And so I will discuss it.

I don't think people should stop using their voices just because doing so might open the door for less-rational people to spout vile, hateful propaganda. Such a line would dictate that those in favor of the war not be allowed to speak their views because Phelps, et.al. would use that to push their radical, extremist views.

I would guess most liberals feel about people of this kind the way conservatives do about the radicals on their side. Those views are not representative of most logical, thinking people.

Saying otherwise is juvenile at best.

10. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Actually, the reason why I even began this thread in the first place was out of curiousity. I wanted to see if anyone on this board would read what was said to this woman and condemn it. I can say I am not surprised that the majority of responders here failed to condemn the words and chose instead to either attack the messenger or just flatly deny the event happened at all.
    Those who posted on this thread and did not immediately condemn what was said should be ashamed of themselves. They are the typical liberal that I have a major problem with. Because they do not realize the great harm they are doing to this country with their blind hatred of all things and people they consider non-liberal.
    And yes, there are those on the other side who are just as bad. I just haven't heard of any conservative stooping so low as to attack the mother of a slain soldier like that.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A failure to condemn someone does not necessarily mean indifference or support. I have yet to publicly condemn the guy who shot his wife north of the city last night, but I don't condone it. Sometimes it's so obviously inappropriate, it speaks for itself.

To get all worked up about an absence of condemnation can say a lot about where we are today with much of our public discourse.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

While I disagree with your premise, it's an interesting position.

I think I'm done on this thread, though I look forward to further, less vitriolic discussions in the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted