1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you proud of this Libs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribe4264, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You might try to combine the two. Just a thought.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Love the new sig, btw, Bubs. The Shining rules.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

JR has decided that Scribe may be the dumbest person on the board but as a good liberal JR has to smother Scribe with love and tax dollars.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

While your tenacity on the issue of the original source of the quote is commendable, it's a certainty that John Kerry never, ever said:

"How many children did your son sodomize, how many women did he rape, before he was killed in Iraq?"

Which is the quote as you posed it in your original post. He did not say the same thing.

As poor a politician as he is, even he would never have said that. As has been suggested, more likely it was one of the lowlife protesters from the Fred Phelps ministry. They often make a point of attending public events like these. Phelps is hardly a Lib.

And as to whether or not U.S. soldiers have committed atrocities while in Iraq, I post this again. You missed it the first time.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061027/NEWS01/61027003

5. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

You're a fucking idiot.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Estimating that about 700,000 soldiers/sailors/airmen/marines have rotated through Iraq and that about 25 have been charged with serious crimes, that's .00357 percent.

Hardly significant. Just like the accused in the original post.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Never said it was a significant number, or even implied such. Scribe seems to be denying it ever happens at all, however, which is untrue. Hence the link to the current proceedings.

What does "Just like the accused in the original post" mean? Do you mean that only a tiny percentage of protestors would ever say something so heinous to a Gold Star family?

If so, I certainly agree.

The problem is that Scribe is attributing the quote to a "liberal", and thus all "liberals", without any evidence.

Again, I vote Fred Phelps Ministry.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

[​IMG]

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I have no dog in this fight.

But I love the cartoon.

Captures the essense of SportsJournalists.com political threads.

Well done.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I mean.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Then we're in complete agreement. And can both await Scribe's next dispatch from the far margins of civil discussion.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I believe one of the Ford-Corker debates is scheduled to be televised tonight ... the same night as Tennessee-South Carolina.

Yeah, that debate will be heavily watched.

Draft saved Draft deleted