1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you proud of this Libs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribe4264, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Without going back and looking because I am at halftime at a game and don't have the time, I don't believe I said Kerry said the exact same words. My meaning was the same type of comments coming from Kerry, Durbin, et al were spewed at that poor woman in Fresno. If I gave the wrong impression, my apologies.

But the fact is, Kerry has said similar things about our troops, that they were terrorizing and harming Iraqi citizens (i.e. women and children) and Durbin has compared our soldiers to the Nazis, the Russians and Pol Pot.

BTW, I have called the radio station that aired the clip I heard and they do not have a website, thus do not plan on posting the audio clip on the web. Their reporter (recorder?, whatever the hell you call the guy holding the mike) did confirm it wasn't anyone associated with the Fred Phelps Ministry. The person only identified himself as being "against the illegal war for oil in Iraq."

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And English just went down the toilet

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This was your post from page 2 of this thread. I defy you to find a citation wherein Senator Kerry says anything remotely along the lines of

"How many children did your son sodomize, how many women did he rape, before he was killed in Iraq?"

Otherwise, it's not "similar." It's not "basically said the same thing." It's utterly different.

Why would you accept such low standards for attribution in real life, when you'd never accept them for a story you were writing?

As for Durbin, he was referring to our overseas programs, military and black, of detention and torture.

4. LJB: It was Cleland's judgment that was questioned, not his patriotism.

I'm really tired of the "how dare you question my patriotism?" defense some libs offer, because their patriotism is not being questioned. Only their judgment.

5. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

And Dog says I attack people without reason.

Dare I ask why I am an idiot for condemning a liberal (the man attacked this woman because she was protesting Cindy Sheehan's appearance at Fresno State. Her crime was to hold up a sign that said "Cindy, you don't speak for me" and claimed he was "against the illegal war for oil in Iraq" which is a standard liberal talking-point) for what any decent human being would find odious?
    Or is it because I pointed out that this man is a liberal and implied that he merely said aloud what every liberal is thinking, that has your painties in a twist, sweetie?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

7. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Didn't have time for a full search, but this one is close enough for me. Of course you will disagree, but taken in context with Kerry's Vietnam claims in front on Congress in the 1970s, I don't see how you can claim Kerry wasn't calling our soldiers criminals, terrorists, etc, etc.

From a Dec. 2005 CBS "Face the Nation" appearance:

Sen. KERRY: And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not...

Here's the link:

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/005893.php

Now of course you will claim Kerry meant something else, but after claiming U.S. soldiers terrorized and raped in Vietnam how can anyone even begin to think he wasn't saying the same thing here, only this time he had the political smarts enough to know he had to sugarcoat how he said it this time around.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I bent my wookie.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Same here.

10. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

It must be fun living in a constant state of denial....

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Chewbacca!!!!!!!

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I agree, it would be fun to be George W. Bush.

Draft saved Draft deleted