1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you proud of this Libs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scribe4264, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

I did not say all Liberals said it. I said A liberal said it and that said liberal further espoused several LIBERAL talking points during the event at Fresno State.
    Since this man espoused nearly all of the current liberal talking points out there, I merely asked if you liberals are proud of the creature you have created?
    The fact that you are attacking me tells me you at least have the decency to be feeling ashamed of yourselves, but just can't come out and admit it in public.
    And let us can the cries of foul over lack of civil discorse shall we? I will not be the first to engage in name-calling, but I damn sure won't sit back and not respond in kind when the verbal abuse gets tossed at me. Especially when it is only being used to divert attention from the particular point of discussion.
    You can't haul off and call someone a troll or an assclown in response to a post and then yelp in indignant surprise when they respond in kind honey.

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

How did the word troll come to be used to describe such people?

Can someone give me a quick etymology of the word in this context?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This will explain all, girlie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

4. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

It became popular to use the term "troll" on sites like these in order to put down a person who has proved their point and shown you that you are wrong about a particular subject. By calling them a troll, you can feel better about yourself and not have to admit that you are probably the world's biggest idiot.

5. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Oh goodie. Another use of the all-knowing, always accurate Wikipedia.

When the truth will not suffice, Wikipedia will make everything nice.

6. audreyld

audreyld Guest

You're the best.

You're the reason I no longer believe in the Republican party.

7. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

I am not a Republican. So why are you hating the GOP for something they have no connection to or control over?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That's not what The Corpulent One and Hannity are saying on their hate radio shows every afternoon.

And I'm really tired of blowhard cowards wrapping themselves up in flags stained with other people's blood. It's shameful, it's sinful and it's immoral. It needs to stop, period.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Independent on paper, Republican in philosophy -- would that be a fair description of you?

10. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

NOPE.
    Independent on paper, American in philosophy and dead set against the liberal infection that has poisoned the country of my birth.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I had no idea you were from Chile.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sorry, Scribe but

"You've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis. And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not..."

SCHIEFFER: "Yeah."

Sen. KERRY: "...Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all of the talk of 210,000 people trained, there just is no excuse for not transferring more of that authority."

IS NOT EQUIVALENT TO

"How many children did your son sodomize, how many women did he rape, before he was killed in Iraq?"

Keep at it, though - keep posting bad information, and quotes taken out of context and the half-truths and lies and insults of the radical right - keep at it, and despite the fact that you'll try to tell us, and even yourself, that you're a "libertarian" or "apolitical," or just a plain ol' "American," you'll be a full-grown fascist by Christmas.

We're still waiting for some sort of corraboration on this thread's original quote, too. If the radio reporter you cite can tell for a certainty that it wasn't a Fred Phelps disciple, why no ID for the speaker? And why has this terrible, inflammatory quote appeared nowhere else?

Draft saved Draft deleted