1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Attn: NYSJ.com

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Aug 15, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They want to see a picture before they're banging anyone.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's not a surprising move by the judge. It fits in with an alarming trend, along with a quicker trigger by judges to seal court files and issue gag orders.
    There's a growing chill pervading the American justice system over the past 10 years.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They said that? They said 'growing chill'??

Did you giggle a little?

OKAY! OKAY! BACK TO THE HORNY PRUDE! SORRY ABOUT THE GROWING CHILL! AS YOU WERE!

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

No, 'growing chill' are my words. I'm just summing up our discussion.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

More importantly, what does the he-she in question think about the federal judge's order to the Chron reporters?
    Now that could be a deal breaker as far as dating, if the he-she wanted to date me, that is.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I bet this woman knows something about growing chills. Just makes sense to think so.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If she waits much longer to have sex she's going to know something about hot flashes.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Want a mulligan?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is a great thread.

And FWIW, one of my best buddies is currently dating a 31-year-old virgin. He's...uhh...how should I put this...frustrated.

I think 3BF is right in saying there's nothing wrong with someone who is still a virgin before marriage. But as Tits McGee put it, let's not mistake this particular woman for a morally superior being. She's either extremely naive in trying to find a date via a national magazine, or just another publicity whore looking for her 15 minutes of reality show fame.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with being a 29-year-old virgin, but there's also nothing wrong with people being surprised and a little cynical about the reasons.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

So waiting for marriage isn't an honorable thing anymore?

Maybe I'm just dinged in the head (maybe, he says), but I fail to see why waiting for marriage is so abhorrent. Wouldn't you want the person you're marrying to know they were important enough to you that you were willing to wait?

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think most of us are in agreement that waiting until marriage is an honorable choice. But if you are waiting until marriage it seems pretty tacky to let a national magazine put you out on a blind date in a "The 29-Year Old Virgin" sense. The whole thing seems designed to either make fun of her or get her laid, so you have to question if she is a virgin because she is saving herself for marriage. And if she isn't saving herself for marriage, then she seems likely to be kind of weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted