1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Buchholz isn't going anywhere now with Wakefield on the DL. He was just recalled.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Magglio Ordonez hit a grand slam tonight. Wow.

3. chester

chester Member

When did he say that? Everything that I have heard from Shapiro, he has said the exact opposite, because they know if they trade either or both of those guys, they're basically writing off 2010 as well.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I don't have a link readily available, but Petter Gammons said on Baseball Tonight a couple days ago that Shapiro would listen to offers.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shut up! He has too! He saw him on ESPN once!

6. mb

mb Active Member

Rich Harden does not suck.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

On the road and/or at night, this is true.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Which, I guess, would explain what he did to the Phils tonight. Joe Blanton, though, has been pretty damn stout lately, as well.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And there's a total solar eclipse tomorrow. Excuse me for a minute. Gotta run to the Piggly Wiggly and buy some canned goods...

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That was filthy.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

It took the Mets all of 2 hours, 9 minutes to get shutout by John Lannan tonight. Pathetic!

Ricciardi, meanwhile, said no offer was made to or from the Mets and if Halladay isn't traded by July 28, the Jays are keeping him. He says trade now is unlikely.

It's all on MLB.com
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090721&content_id=5978978&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which means he'll be gone by Thursday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.