1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mb

mb Active Member

If you like filthy pitching, Phils-Cubs has been a treat.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

For the love of fucking God Lou, don't bring Heilman in.

3. mb

mb Active Member

Even he's getting guys out.

Edit: Bullpens have combined for 9 IP, 1 H

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Aaron Heilman getting people out?
    The end of the world tomorrow.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the Ordonez grand slam and the impending eclipse. This is not a time for joking.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Heilman needs to go back to the starting rotation or be cashiered. He has proven abundantly he doesn't have what it takes to be a middle reliever or set-up man. At this point it's like the medicated lab rat butting his head against the cage wall. Over and over and over again.

And George Grande is always a pleasure, which makes it clear why he left ESPN.

7. Armchair_QB

Oh, I get it. Tonight is the night the other shitty Notre Damer blows the game.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Moddy,

Your "other" first-round pick -- Drew Storen -- struck out the first three batters he faced, all swinging, in his High-A debut tonight. Kid was filthy. Worked a two-inning save, forced a double play to end it. Good interview, too.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Heilman is having a pretty adequate season.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

First guy he faced in Hagerstown took him deep. He had a couple of spotty outings after that. Then I guess he settled down - I read somewhere that he struck out 15 of the last 20 batters he faced there.
    He'll be in Washington in August. They made it pretty clear when they drafted him that they were going to rush him through.
    Stanford kid, he's pretty bright. I was in on a phone interview with him and was impressed.
    We'll see.

11. Armchair_QB

The Cubs would have been better off bringing Jim Edmonds back.

I can't fucking believe I just typed that.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My browser froze and now I can't get the website to load, but the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that the Pirates have traded Adam LaRoche to the Red Sox. No word yet on what they got in return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.