1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Angel Hernandez strikes again. Elvis Andrus takes off for second as Ian Kinsler strikes out. Kinsler then walks right in front of Jason Varitek as Varitek fires to second, where Andrus is safe by about 20 feet. Angel says nothing.

A_QB, you care to take it from here? :D

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nolan Ryan still looks like a badass, even at 62.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Back in the day, I found that earholing the sonuvabitch always got me the interference call.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Every fucking time with this guy.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

What in the holy fuck is Trey Hillman saving Joakim Soria for? Christmas?

Holy fucking christ. Three blown games against Tampa in the eighth inning. Another blown lead in the eighth tonight.

Hey Trey.... everyone in your fucking bullpen not named Soria FUCKING SUCKS. You should know he hasn't thrown in two fucking weeks because of the FUCKING ALL STAR BREAK!

Fuck Trey Hillman. Let Soria get a fucking 2-inning save... or just go ahead on another patented 10-game losing streak. Better yet, take your stupid fucking goatee and your dour attitude back to fucking Japan, and fucking stay there. Fuck

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Soooo....you'd have brought Soria in, then?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Carolina League folks are still bitching about Hernandez's stint in the league in the 80s.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Nice win by the ChiSox tonight. Thanks for getting hurt while warming up, random Rays reliever.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And now he is in anyway with one out in the 8th.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

After the Shittastics in front of him coughed up two runs and loaded the bases. Why the fuck just not let him start the eighth?

Hillman has the coaching acumen of TV's Corky.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the brooms are out in Arlington.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Actually, it's been a great series -- three one-run games, with late rallies by both teams. Lots of good pitching from both teams the past couple of nights, even from that rookie who took Danks' turn in the rotation.

I'd love to see this rematch in the playoffs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.