1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Funny, from watching Sox games, I thought it was, "COOOOMMEEEEEE ONNNNN ANDDD BEEEEEEEE A TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-STRRRRIEEEKKKKKK HITTTTER SKKKOTTTTYYYY PAAAAAAAADSSSS!!!!!!"

You learn something new, every day.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Scotty Pods is acceptable.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I've given up trying to understand what Hillman and/or Moore or doing. Less stressful that way.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

So...anyone still want to argue the Mets aren't that bad?

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Best hitter of the last 25 years and still one of the top five in the game. [/crossthreading]

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

He's no Jason Bay, though. [/dickhead shitstirrer!!!!]

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

They are not that bad.
    They are worse.
    One run and seven hits in two games against the hapless fucking Nats (sorry Moddy and Sonner, you're team sucks, too).

2:09 time of game last night. 2:20 tonight. Fast and painless, The sign of a pathetic team that has quit.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Jason Bay is a good player, but he isn't good enough to trim Manny's dreads.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's a beautiful sight to behold, and it's not even August.

Even at their previous, post-Worst Team Money Could Buy worst, they never quit before August. Even the 2002 and 2004 teams stayed relevant into August.

What a fucking horseshit organization, from the very top to the very bottom and everywhere else in between. I like saying I told you so. (and I know I'm not saying I told you so to you)

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

There's is nothing wrong with the Mets organization that killing Jeff Wilpon wouldn't cure.

Say what you want about Minaya's failings, but if it weren't for Jeff ("the only human being I have actually hated," according to someone I know who worked for the Mets at Shea) things would be much better.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree with you, and have heard first-hand plenty of Jeffy is a four-letter-word stories as well, but Fred is still a big, big problem.

12. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Oh what the hell, I'll play. I never said the Mets, as currently constituted, were not that bad. What I said was their position wasn't that bad -- that it was premature to bury them when they were only 2, 3, 4 games out and hovering around .500, since there was still the possibility of their main guys getting back in time to help. While everyone was declaring the season over in June, they were actually doing a halfway decent job of hanging around. But the Phillies have since gotten scalding hot, and now it doesn't matter when or if they get healthy. I never remotely suggested they could contend with the team they're putting out there now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.