1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chester

chester Member

To any White Sox fans out there: Does Darrin Jackson usually suck this bad on the radio? Or am I just catching him on a bad day?

(I'm betting the first.)

2. Scouter

Scouter Member

Not a White Sox fan, but I catch them occasionally on the radio. Yes, Darrin Jackson sucks all the time on radio. Just like he did on TV. Also not a fan of Ed Farmer.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

DJ isn't very good. I do like Farmer though.

4. chester

chester Member

Just listening tonight, it sounds almost like Farmer doesn't even like Jackson either.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ed Farmer was better as a color guy with John Rooney as play-by-play. But after that pair worked together for years -- through the 2005 World Series -- the White Sox switched radio stations, Rooney was shoved out and ended up with the Cardinals, and Farmer ended up doing play-by-play.

DJ isn't great, but he's sure better than Chris Singleton used to be. Of course, last year was Farmer and Steve Stone, which was a pretty good team.

I still say the best Chicago baseball radio pairing in recent years was when Santo was ill, and Pat Hughes and Stone teamed up to call the 2003 NL playoffs.

In fact, I believe Bartman was listening to those two fellows as a foul ball drifted his way ... :)

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling those were just the ones you know off the top of your head?

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The Royals and Twins are giving a symposium on how not to score runs. Not sure why KC has literally the biggest scoreboard in all of baseball when a fucking abbacus would do the trick.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So after all the buildup SportsCenter gave to Roy Halladay's return from DL tonight, Jeff Niemann handily outpitched him. :)

Great pick on the Monday night game, ESPN execs.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Did Zimmerman just get hurt there?

Saw his arm hanging at his side going off the field after the bottom of the eighth.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Wow. Hochevar went on lockdown. And this Lincecum kid is fun to watch.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jesus. Is it your goal to make me into a dead man? I saw this post and about died before I saw the next one.
    A rarity tonight, I'm not able to watch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.