1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I love it when the Rox play an extra-long game on the West Coast because I can listen to it on the radio. Remember that 22-inning job last year?

2. The Phils' Venus DeMilo syndrome continues with Antonio Bastardo going on the DL last night. And the Marlins have passed the Mets. Uh-oh.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ethier has one home run on the road.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Rosenthal on the money as usual.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9748082/Forget-trades,-Cubs-have-enough-to-win-right-now

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

it'll never happen, they're cursed.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm not sure how it's "on the money" to say the Cubs have enough to win and then proceed to trash have the team and criticize the feeble lineup Hendry has put together.

And I still queston how good their starting pitching is, especially with Zambrano apparently freaking out on the mound every other start.

And then there's Aaron Heilman ...

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Busy day for the Pirates.

Minor deal sending Eric Hinske to the Yankees.
    http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09181/980813-100.stm

Supposedly closing on a deal to send Nyjer Morgan to the Nationals in exchange for Lastings Milledge.

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/pbc/default.aspx

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is Hinske any better than Shelley Duncan?

9. Herbert Anchovy

They've played like total crap and they're 3 1/2 games out in a winnable division.

Rosenthal is right -- whining about not getting Mark DeRosa is something losers would do. From the howling you would think this guy is the final piece or something.

If they swung a trade for a guy like Chad Qualls, they wouldn't have to bitch about DeRosa.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Shelley Duncan can hit AAA pitching, he can't hit major league pitching.

And he's a butcher wherever you put him in the field ...not that Hinske is great defensively.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He's a better hitter. More versatile as well. He can play third base, though he hasn't done that very much the last few seasons. That alone gives him an edge over Duncan.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

For the three people other than me who have been privately bitching about the lack of promised minor league baseball on MLB Network, patience pays off with the Louisville Bats-Gwinnett Braves Triple-A game on right now.

Uniforms suck, though. They look like the ones the Vegas people were providing for the most recent version of the Triple A World Series when it was held there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.