1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Watching the Cubs get one or two guys on at least every other inning and get nothing out of it is so incredibly frustrating.

They've done three things tonight that would drive a Little League coach crazy. It's so frustrating. The lack of fundamentals is appalling.

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Second and third, no one out, 1-2-3 coming up.

Strike out swinging. Strike out looking. 4-3.

Fuck these guys.

3. God, I like John Mayberry, Jr. a lot. Too bad the Phils have nowhere for him to play.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Like I said before, if the Giants can make a move to get another good pitcher into their rotation or get a bat, they'll be a team to be reckon with in the NL West or NL wild card race.

Carpenter is getting stomped tonight.

5. mb

mb Active Member

Rock on, Gonzalez

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Now I know why spnited is a Dodgers fan.

Egads.

7. mb

mb Active Member

Wow. Phils take a lead and Johan is getting roughed up ... again.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Bucs aren't going to become a winning team by holding on to solid major leaguers with affordable contracts -- they've done that the past 17 years. They need to swing for the fences with guys like McCutchen, Hernandez, Tabata and the like. That's why I like what they've done the past 12 months.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

There HAS to be somebody better to start at shortstop than Tony Pena Jr. I don't care if it's fucking rookie ball. There HAS to be someone else. Anyone else. Fuck.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What they've done is overpay crappy major leaguers and trade away good ones for garbage. When they are talking about some AA pitcher with lousy control as the main piece of the package, that is not encouraging.

11. mb

mb Active Member

I'll drive Jimmy Rollins to the airport for you.

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Mike Aviles just jolted up and doesn't know why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.