1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Get his ass in the car. Like, right now.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Span caught that damn ball.

No idea where this Keppel kid came from.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Zeke, we're keeping him.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sold. You making the bars or the hotdish? I could go either way.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll make bars. I have a fab lemon bar recipe that's perfect for any summer get-together.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Make that 30.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Which package are you talking about? Hernandez seemingly was the highlight of the McLouth trade. Morton's a classic AAAA pitcher.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mets fans, I am disappointed. I expected to read all about the Mets-Brewers series vicariously through you this week, but you've gone silent for the most part. C'mon, release your inner rage.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They've been drowning themselves in Flushing Bay since last weekend. Tragic, really.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Best swing in baseball? I'd say so.

Pujols could legitimately win the Triple Crown this year and, if he keeps this pace up, beat Barry Bond's all-time home run record for a single season. I say the guy has almost 40 by the All-Star break.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Well, sorry Brian Bannister. I've seen slow-pitch softball teams with more offense than your lineup.

And while you might not believe it, the SS lineup of Pena, Luis Hernandez and Tug Hulett didn't get one hit tonight. Not a one. Bunch of fucks.

12. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Guest

I don't know. For my money, it's Mariano Rivera.

Also, the Red Sox have blown a 10-1 lead in two innings. Orioles have the lead in the top of the ninth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.