1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Somebody remind me what makes Jason Bay a "great" player.
    Is it the .223 average over the past 35 games or the 5 strikeouts tonight?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Since he's spent almost a year in the AL now, is it possible the book on him has passed around the AL more substantially? He went 0-for-15 against the O's, and is 2-for-30 in his last seven games.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Which means he's back to being the good... not even close to great... player he is.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Yes.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Tonight was Game 80 and I'm taken back to the days of my youth -- season's over.

(Indians' fanboi looser)

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What a putz.

He has a .921 OPS.

What is Manny's OPS the past 50 games?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think you are overrating the package they got and underrating McLouth, especially given that his contract is relatively cheap. The guy is on pace for a 20-20 season with nearly 100 RBI despite missing some time with a sore hamstring and playing most of the year with the Pirates. They rushed into the deal and got less than they could have.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bay is a very good hitter in a miserable slump, possibly he caught it from Ortiz.
    But Simon, he's not quite the hitter Manny is. The trade worked out for the Sox because all they needed was a guy who was about 90 percent the hitter Manny is, which ain't chopped liver, so don't interpret that as a knock on Bay.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately for them, their bitches have left town and now they get to play real teams again.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Jason Bay is not 90% the hitter Manny is.... maybe 65-70% at best.

11. You're pathetic.

A-Rod hit .207 in June but if someone jumped all over him you'd be making all sorts of excuses.

Explain to me why anyone would think you know anything about baseball? All you ever do is complain and bitch. Omar Minaya sucks, the Mets suck, Jason Bay sucks, this sucks, that sucks.

Pathetic. And boring.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Oh, yeah, I always make excuses for A-Rod and the Yankees.
    You're a jackass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.