1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have been making an effort to play nice lately. Perhaps I overdid it?

:)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Being nice to spnited is like being on a starvation diet. Everything in moderation. It's OK to occassionally cheat on your diet and eat an ice cream sundae or several pieces of pizza or drink soda. And it's ALWAYS OK to try and be nice to everyone but still tell spnited to eat shit!!! :D :D :D

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Moderation huh? Well, that explains why my diets don't work.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If spnited were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is just fucking awesome.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No, THIS is awesome.
    The Astros-Padres game is being delayed with two outs in the top of the ninth by a swarm of bees. They've taken up residence on the ball girl's chair in left field. Looked like an entire section of seats has been cleared out, too.

UPDATE: They're apparently having trouble tracking down a beekeeper. It's already been about a 15-minute delay, and a scoreboard message says it'll be another 15-30 minutes.
    Other than the Joba game in Cleveland a couple years ago, I think this is the first insect delay I've ever seen.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I would love to know what's on that jacket. Ew.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe somebody spilled a Coke or something on it.
    Sometimes, though, bees just find a place to congregate and have a party. I remember a couple years ago I was heading out to one of our high school fields and there was a small swarm (about the same size as the one in San Diego, from what I can tell) on a chain link fence. They weren't attacking anybody, they were just there.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Beekeeper is on the scene, spraying down the jacket with something. Looks like he pretty much just wiped out the whole bunch of them.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm fascinated by this.
    And I can't figure out how to link to them, but there are some pics up on the AP wire.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He's not really a bee keeper, he's a bee killer. Why can't they just call it what it is?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Too bad these guys aren't still around:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.