1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And right after the game, the Twins put Kevin Slowey on the disabled list with a strained wrist, which might explain why he has been awful in his last two starts.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anthony Swarzak gonna get the recall?

Not a great night for the 10-game winners in the AL. Watch out tomorrow, Halladay.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

i'm purty shure liriano will continue to be the piece of shit he's been all year tomorrow for the twinkies.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20090704&content_id=5684872&vkey=pr_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

Yes, Swarzak is going to be called up before tomorrow's game. That can't be a good sign for Slowey that the put him on the DL so quickly. Of course, that could just be my fantasybaseballfanboylooser pessimism.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Greinke still gets the nod for the All-Star Game start, he deserves it. Unfortunately, he won't get the chance to no-hit the Red Sox at Fenway next week, like Lester did to the Royals a year ago -- he's not scheduled to pitch in that four-game series.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I don't think there's any way anyone BUT Greinke can start the ASG, especially since he lines up perfectly to take the mound a week from this Tuesday.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I hope so. It's all Royals fans have to cling to these days. I mean, if Tony Pena Jr. and his .093 batting average (no exaggeration, that's what it is) can't make the All-Star Game ...

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Saw a triple play tonight at a minor league game. Batter placed a bad bunt right back to the pitcher, who doubled a runner off of second, and then tripled a sad sack piece of shit off of first to complete the triple play.

Second triple play I've ever seen in person.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Arizona sucks something fierce.

Just saw the "highlight" of catcher Chris Snyder air-mailing the ball to a vacant second base.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chris, good on you for posting that.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Fear not. The Royals can add to their streak of epic futility by scoring 0 or 1 run(s) for the fifth straight game today. Happy 4th of July!

EDIT: Gavin Floyd has a no-hitter going through four, but he has 65 pitches. So let me be the first to congratulate the Sox on a combined no-no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.