1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Fixed. :)

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Right over the middle half of the plate at the belt for Ball 4 was not going to happen today.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I was waiting for (and deserved) that. 8)

So Manny hits his first dinger, a Padres fan catches it, and tells the frenzied Fox reporter he didn't throw it back because 'it's worth a lot of money.'

Seriously? This is a valuable item, the first home run ball following a 50 game suspension?? Please tell me the guy is just a schmuck.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I'd like to say the guy is a schmuck, but I'm sure there are people out there with misplaced priorities that would pay a lot for it.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Apparently the Tigers pitching staff is scared of Nick Punto, who just drew his third walk in two games. Although this time he didn't come around to score.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Tommy Hanson now knows what Nationals pitchers feel like most days. Wow. Kid was impressive. Pulled after seven and about 100 pitches. Bullpen gives it up quickly.
    Dunn hits No. 300.
    Break up the Nats.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Ah, Floyd's no-no didn't last much longer than that, and neither did the White Sox win streak. Well done, DD.

Heck, even someone named Pena hit a home run for KC! (but not the .093 Pena ...).

Still, a great road trip for the White Sox so far. Some of the young hitters are beginning to chip in, too.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hopefully Rollins can turn it around. He's too valuable to the Phillies.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It was a tad overly dramatic. But considering their recent lack of production, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

Either way, it was good to see a pitcher picked up for a damn change. And it's always fun to watch the Mexicutioner in action.

Oh well. Blind squirrels finding nuts, etc.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He's a schmuck.

Oh and ...

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Do the Nationals have the Braves number? Last season the Nationals were 12-6 against the Braves including a 7-2 mark at Nationals Park. This season the Braves are 5-3 against Washington but all 3 of the Nationals wins have come at Nationals Park.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, keep in mind the Braves aren't all that good any more. Better than the Nats, sure, but still.
    The bullpen crash yesterday was ugly. Hanson was very impressive.
    I've seen six of the eight games between the two this season. The two I missed were Nats victories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.