1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Haven't read the story but Reynolds may be the worst defensive player I've seen. Last year and this year, I've been amazed by plays I've seen him butcher.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I thought about this some as I watched the Nats beat the Braves again.
    It's kind of like the Marlins (9) against the Nats (0).

Yeah, I know we're talking about the Nats. But the team did manage to beat the Red Sox once and the Yankees twice. They've beaten Philadelphia twice. They ought to be able to win 1-2 games against the Marlins, right?
    But I have full confidence they'll go 0-18 against Florida this year.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Over 30 errors last year if I'm not mistaken, Mod.

I can't believe how bad that team is. They have decent talent.

When the Nationals play Florida, they could handle Ramirez and Uggla and Hermida in one game, and then let somebody like Bonifacio go apeshit. I don't think they got that guy out more than twice in the opening series of the year.

4. Brain Bannister of the Royals is afraid of vampires and werewolves.

With his win over the White Sox today -Bannister is now 16-6 career in day games but just 13-26 at night.

Brian Bannister hates to play at night because he's afraid of vampires and werewolves.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I can't find any flaws in his logic.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey how about those Mets? I look forward to Broadway Joe telling us that it's still early, that they're only four games out, that we're being unfair criticizing a horseshit fucking team that has been terribly hampered by injuries, etc etc.

Bet Johan wishes he'd never found out he wasn't tough enough for NY huh?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Anyone know how many times the Mets have been shut out when Johan takes the ball?

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

But how does he do with bees?

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I bet he wishes that the Twins hadn't asked for twice as much from the Yankees as he did from the Mets.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Looking at his numbers though, does he deserve it? Take away the 23 homers and he's a .233 hitter with just 55 RBIs.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Jeff Wilpon is on the case. He's got his "thinking cap" on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.