1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Sorry, he said 'thinking' cap, not 'drinking' cap...

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

One and the same for lil' Jeffy...

And LJB, that top photo was the one I was thinking of when you posted the thinking crack, haha.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If the Cubs want to give the Royals a bat for Brian Bannister, that'd be fine by me.

6. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Brian McCann must be the most unknown perennial all-star in recent memory.
    Dude has now been to four straight (in his first four full seasons by the way --- has a catcher ever done that before?) All-Star games and has still yet to be voted in by the fans. He finished behind Yadier Molina, who might not even be the best catcher in his own family this season.
    And last year it was a rookie (Soto) that got more votes.

Just strange.
    What's even crazier is how little he was talked about in 2005 because of the Francoeur-Mania that swept Atlanta. Francoeur was the next superstar and his roommate catcher was sort of an afterthought. Now the craptacular Francoeur probably won't even be a Brave in 2010 and his buddy is going to yet another all-star game.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Johan gave up two more home runs today. Ho hum. Phillies sweep the Mets.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hell, Texas' Chris Davis has 47% taking out the walks and HRs. He's doing better tonight, though: With the bases loaded and two out, he grounded out to first unassisted. He started the night batting .201.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

If the Mets return to some reasonable degree of health in the second half, they certainly still have a chance to win the division or WC. If they don't get healthy, they have no chance. I know they're the worst organization in the history of mankind, L'il Jeffy Wilpon is the devil, bwahahahahaha, whatever. But it really is that simple. Even you ought to be able to recognize that.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

They will not be the WC, because as crappy as the entire NL is this year, the East is the crappiest of them all. They could win the division pretty easily if Reyes & Beltran get back.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Piazza went to six straight, starting his rookie year.
    Bench went to 13 straight.
    I-Rod didn't make it as a "rookie" (he didn't get called up until 6/20), but he made 10 straight after that.

Sandy Alomar Jr. went to three straight (and six overall).
    Fisk went to three straight (and 11 overall).

Pretty good company.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

And if my granny had wheels, she'd be a go-kart.

The team is hammered shit.

Three runs all weekend, in that ballpark, getting schooled by Rodrigo Lopez, etc. At what point do you concede that they don't have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.