1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Braves' offense completely blows. Garret Anderson was a horrible signing and Kotchman isn't much better.

Church isn't likely to have an effect, so best-case for Atlanta is addition by subtraction with Frenchy.

Hope this frees up some money so they can make a better deal later this month. They're not out of the division by any means.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nick Johnson for Soriano. Let Gonzo close.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

He tore up Little League.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Johnson for Gonzo, I'll take. Not the other way around.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Naw. I'll just send him to the Sox for Manny Delcarmen. Delcarmen>Gonzo

I also suggested Johnson for Johnson (with a minor-leaguer).

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Welcome, my friend.

Spnited last month, you this month. The He-Man Mets Hater Club is growing more legitimate by the day!

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Mmm.... ahem... TONY PENA JR. IS STILL ON THE FREAKING ROSTER.

Don't ask me why. Makes no sense. There's a deep, dark hole in the Royals organization at shortstop, and well... right now the dude looks like A-Rod, circa 2002.

Does make me wonder if the Royals aren't setting up to depart with Teahen or DeJesus. Freel is a utility guy... Bloomquist will likely revert back to that role once Betancourt and Gordon return after the break.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Won't have to wait long for some early returns on this one ... Mets play four in Atlanta right after the All-Star break.

Addition by subtraction indeed. I figured the Braves would non-tender Francoeur in the offseason anyway (he's arbitration eligible the next two years), so to get anything at all for him is worth it.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, they will lose 110 instead of 100 four years from now?

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

John Danks is awful today. He walked the first four batters of the game and has now given up two straight hits to make it 4-0 Twins. Twinkies also have runners on 1st and 3rd and no outs.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

And he gets out of it with only four runs helped by a pickoff.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's two straight days of strike zone adventure, with the ChiSox allowing 10 free passes to the Indians yesterday.

Still, the offense is coming to life. If Danks can right the ship, I like the White Sox chances tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.