1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Knowing that TPJ and Mitch Maier were in the lineup didn't help matters, either. It's like six guaranteed outs.

Maybe I just need to be in the crowd. Pena hit his only homer of the season (I'm almost certain) last year in Baltimore in a game I got to see. And he got two or three hits, including the game-winner, in an extra inning affair against the Twinks later that season.

Who cares? I'm not sure that dude could hit .300 in a softball league.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/70181/

My reaction that night to Meche throwing so many pitches, which was not positive, also because he is on one of my teams.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The White Sox suck.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Scott Kazmir is going to come off the DL to start for the Rays tomorrow.

Andy Sonnanstine gets sent down, and Jeff Niemann, who was scheduled to start tomorrow, will skip to Monday's game.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

If I start liking the Steelers and Pirates and supporting a salary cap in baseball, I will scour this great land to snuff you out so that we can reverse this horrible mind meld.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Haha. Somehow, I don't think there is much chance of any of that happening. You'd be safe adopting the Pirates. I may not hate them as much as you hate the Mets, but I'm getting there.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

No mention of Andre Ethier going yard three times tonight?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We kept seeing clips of Lou on TV tonight - without sound in the bar. He didn't look happy.
    What the hell happened?

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The unintentional hilarity I read was his quote about marijuana in the AP story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/26/piniella-backs-soto-on-ma_n_221721.html

10. Petrie

Petrie Guest

That was fantastic.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually, if he was hitting 0.90, that'd be pretty fucking good. :D

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Big Boy Elmer Dessens has earned your respeck. Got out of a bases loaded jam last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.