1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shockey

shockey Active Member

it took fox two pitches to miss a pitch. gonna be a loooong night. ::) ::) ::)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Given it was Fox, I'd imagine they'd want to show him bouncing it.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Pitch didn't bounce.

I thought Obama was going to remove the ChiSox jacket to reveal a Cards jersey.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't get how Fox could miss the Obama pitch - the opening ceremonies are scripted as hell - why not flip to the center field camera, or one of the 10 other cameras you're using. I don't blame the guy with the portable camera - it was the director's screw up - unless the five Card swere blocking the planned camera shot.
    And I know I'm a sentimental asshat, but that segment about service and then seeing the baseball players greet the volunteers was good stuff. Cardinal fans are the best - I'm sure they were booing the jacket, the White Sox are close enough to the Cubs to merit a boo. And that's a hell of a vista from home plate.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Do you enjoy the All-Star Game less in the age of interleague play?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

If George Steibrenner were still alive, he'd be writing letters about the All-Star Game screwing the Yankees right about now.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

This isn't wrestling!!! :D

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yes.

AL hasn't lost an All-Star Game since interleague play began, which was a year before the Brewers moved to the NL.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lincicum might just make Atlee Hammaker a happy man if he keeps this up.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I bet they were told not to show home plate.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

The Cardinals sneak Chris Duncan in at 1B?

12. Johnny Dangerously

One thing that made it special before was seeing NL and AL players on the same field, a rarity before interleague. I think it's lost something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.