1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, when Tim Wakefield heard that, he called his wife to tell her he'll be pitching for sure.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Let us pray.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

K, late to the game - just got home from work, had to eat supper before playing on the computer.

Joe Mauer was up to bat and one of the Fox Bubbleheads was saying they want to move Mauer from catcher in Minnesota??? WTF!

I'm in Minnesota. No one is saying Mauer needs to move from catcher this season that I've heard. Has there been talk about somewhere down the road - hypothetical type talk.

These guys are horrible!!!!

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Go to your room, Fox announcers!!

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

For the Record:

AL — Papelbon is in. Left is Andrew Bailey, Josh Beckett, Brian Fuentes, Joe Nathan, Mariano Rivera, Justin Verlander, Tim Wakefield.

NL — Bell is in. Left is Zach Duke, Josh Johnson, Ted Lilly, Jason Marquis, Francisco Rodriguez, Johan Santana.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So when the Angels host next year who do they get to bring in the first ball? Carew? Nolan Ryan? They don't have any players in the Hall wearing an Angels hat.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

JD!

I'll do the grounding around here, young man!

Hey! Fox announcers!

GO TO YOUR ROOMS! NOW!

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Nice AB by Adam Jones.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK but only if this guy carries him to the mound:

[​IMG]

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So we're good through the 13th inning, at least. Probably longer since most of those guys are starters and can go two or even three innings apiece. Good job by the managers to eat up the closers and save the starters in case they need them.
    Of course, that's assuming the NL can come back and tie this.

12. highlander

highlander Member

I haven't read all the all-star game posts but was wondering, am I the only one who was thinking - what the hell is with the shot of the bald guy in the stands sitting there like a freaking robot? I thought at first it was going to be a FOX promotion of a new show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.