1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Thread 5 - #5 George Brett Has a Story to Tell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Frenchy did get himself a double and a home run tonight. But at the end of the year, he will still be one of the league leaders in outs and he will still have an OBP hovering below .300.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Twins led 12-2 in the top of the third, are now down 14-13 heading into the ninth. Fuad Reveiz (sp?) missed a key PAT.

In related news, RIP hobos living near Zeke.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Slugfest in Oakland. Oakland is up 14-13 heading to the top of the ninth. Morneau has gone yard twice and has driven in seven.

Surprisingly, Matt Holliday is showing signs of life by going 4-for-5 tonight with four runs scored, two home runs and six runs driven in, thus raising his average to a respectable .284.

EDIT: Damn you, BYH.

But to add to the news, someone should seriously check to see if Zeke is okay. :p

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Have they started the ticker-tape parade in Pittsburgh? The Pirates finally beat the Brewers after they had lost 17 in a row.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm trying to organize one right now!

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

OK, what the hell happened in Oakland? Gamecast has left me totally confused. Play at the plate for the last out? Bad call? Aaaagh.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not coming!

8. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Terrible call. Not even close. Cuddyer's knees are over the plate when the tag's made.

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Wild pitch. Cuddyer called out at home.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Francoeur since the trade .333, 1 HR, 7RBI in 7 games.
    Church since the trade: .217. 1 HR, 3 RBI in 7 games.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

And as you know, seven games makes a season.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow, just saw those Twins-A's highlights...two thoughts:

1.) Has any team ever had such a vortex of suck in the middle infield as the Twins do with Punto and Casilla? A combined 0-8 on a day in which the Twins racked up 13 runs on 17 hits.

2.) If I'm Ron Gardenhire, I get tossed before the first pitch tomorrow arguing that horseshit call to end tonight's game. Wow. That was some fucking blown call.

Extra thought: Was it Chef's friend that blew the call? :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.